Dish of the Month, December 2017 -- STEAK

@bulavinaka @LAgirl - I don’t drink, but at times like these I wonder if some alcohol in my system would help prevent and/or kill unwanted viruses. No one else in my family caught the flu, and they all availed themselves of powerful holiday beverages :laughing::thinking:

3 Likes

Just read an article on how typical “bad” bacterias react to common alcohol and non-alcohol beverages. Long story short, red wine was the winner. Alcohol level was part of it, as was pH. But the other elements in red wine seemed to be the what did most of the work. Red wine was also well tolerated by the tummy. Hard liquor did well too. 60-80% was most effective, but was very hard on the stomach lining.

2 Likes

my former FIL (an old school family MD) would always suggest having some whiskey to help with cold/flu symptoms. I didn’t have any around, so stuck to mostly wine. But I will say that whiskey/bourbon does actually help—it’s warm, pain relieving and makes one feel a tad better.

3 Likes

well, there ya go!!! woohoo! red wine for the win!

1 Like

Hopped over to L’Assiette for steak frites after a matinee at the Pantages. This place remains so consistent and good…and I don’t know how they do it because the price is so reasonable. My steak was a perfect medium-rare and my fries were super crispy and delightful. The second serving gets to be my breakfast tomorrow with a sous vide egg.

3 Likes

Bone in NY’s on sale at Ralph’s this week, $3.99 per pound!

2 Likes