Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- AUGUST 2016 -- NOMINATIONS

A brief aside b/f we dive into the noms… I hope all of our FTC’ers who might live in/near the Santa Clarita are safe!

And now back to our regularly scheduled program…

So last month we tried a theme. Some people liked it, some didn’t. I’m going to say to just nominate whatever you like, BUT, if you have a theme, feel free to suggest it b/c it might inspire nominations for other posters.

VOTING IN ALL CAPS. You can make multiple (unlimited) nominations. Polls close on Thursday, 07/28, at 8PM.

Previous winners:
January: LAMB
February: PASTRIES
March: DUMPLINGS
April: VEGETABLES
May: KOREAN
June: FRUIT
July: BBQ/GRILLED MEATS

BEGIN!!!

2 Likes

Vengeance will be mine.

FROZEN, DAIRY BASED DESSERT PRODUCTS

1 Like

I’ll see your nomination and expand it to FROZEN DESSERTS

FROZEN DESSERTS please.

FROZEN DESSERTS

1 Like

damn that is a sexxy looking vanilla ice cream

1 Like

i’ll throw in a pseudo vote for “FORZEN” desserts

4 Likes

But shall I count a non-pseudo vote for “frozen”? :slight_smile:

no. if’d wanted it, i would have put it all in caps.

I’m not sure which one is the actual counterfeit… ?

woulda been funnier if there were dessert and desert versions.

for some reason i have to type more characters:

FROZEN NON-DESSERT DISHES

Genuine question: what would a frozen, non-dessert dish look like??? I can’t think of one off the top of my head…

TV dinners?

1 Like

smoothie?

and then there’s stuff in the ferran adria realm like maybe a frozen pea ravioli

COLD SUMMER SOUPS
I had a delicious chilled avocado and sweet corn soup today at Clementine.

2 Likes

Had to look up Ferran Adrià. :slight_smile: That could be quite an ambitious DoTM! :wink:

Ooh, I don’t think we’ve had that one b/f (like, in previous yrs over at CH), have we?

It was nice to see a cold summer soup-alternative to gazpacho. Would be interested in seeing other variations of a cold soup in August. That Clementine Avocado corn was great.

I like COLD SOUPS. August is going to be crazy hot.

1 Like

Darn… I missed that one. When I’m working in CC I get the daily soup from Clementine practically everyday.