Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- JANUARY 2017 -- NOMINATIONS

Welp, 2016 has been a most unusual year, and I’m glad to be ushering in a new one w/ January’s DoTM.

I think it’s fine to repeat noms from the previous year, but in case you want to nominate something new, I’ll include all of last year’s noms below:

January: LAMB
February: PASTRIES
March: DUMPLINGS
April: VEGETABLES
May: KOREAN
June: FRUIT
July: BBQ/GRILLED MEATS
August: COLD (POSSIBLY FROZEN) NON-DESSERT ITEMS
September: THAI
October: CHEAP EATS
November: THANKSGIVING/HARVEST
December: GONADS (incl sperm and eggs), PIES, and CURRY

Because of the holiday weekend, let’s extend votes until 12/28 @ 11:59PM.

Happy holidays to all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How about NOODLE SOUPS?

Breakfast - Waffles, French Toasts, Pancakes, Omelettes and the likes.

1 Like

BREAKFAST please!
STEAK
CHEESE DISHES

2 Likes

CHEESE pls

2 Likes

YES!

2 Likes

Say CHEESE!

Nevermind.

CHEESE! :grin:

Nominate CRABCAKES FOR DOTM

2 Likes

You can nominate more than one items. Are you nominating noodle soups and cheese? :slight_smile:

1 Like

SOUPS and STEWS
CRISPY

In the spirit of kicking off the new year with healthy eats, I nominate FERMENTED FOODS

1 Like

I need a break from fat and starch, my stomach is starting to hurt. I nominate:

SALAD
SALAD
SALAD

Thank you.

5 Likes

Only 2 dishes got more than 1 vote (if I counted correctly). So we have like a 7-way tie for third.

@nosh, I’m asking you to break the tie! (noodle soups, steak, crabcakes, soups/stews, crispy, fermented, salad)

Might be too late, but:

SALAD
SOUPS/STEWS

Sure!

1 Like

Yes, technically too late. :wink: But, more importantly, I think it still may not do enough to break the tie (I didn’t save the votes, so I have to recount).

If you don’t mind, I’m going to give @nosh a few more hours to break the original tie and, if doesn’t respond, I’ll recount w/ your votes so that we don’t have 8 choices for the final voting! :wink:

Edit: let’s say by 6PM? I’m not sure how often nosh is on the board.

Of course I don’t mind. :slight_smile: Thank you for always taking the time to run the DOTM. Hopefully nosh responds. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i’m here. But I already nominated “crispy” (which I think is a great wide-open category) and “soups/stews.”

Chow seeker’s votes may have elevated those two nominations, and i just don’t see “salad” as a January item. So does that leave soups/salads as the last nominee?

1 Like

Pretty much. Part of the massive tie was b/c I didn’t fold “noodle soups” into “soups/stews” since I feel like the former is a broad enough category that it could really constitute it’s own category.

We can move foward now! :smiley:

1 Like