Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- NOVEMBER 2016 -- NOMINATIONS

Hello. So we finally have a cold (er, at least, temperate) bit of weather finally upon us, so perhaps that will inspire people to think of warm and comforting dishes for this month (esp w/ the holidays approaching). Or maybe Regional Cuisine will finally have its day.

(Edit: I was originally going to try build a poll for this, but I don’t see a way for people to add write ins for the poll. So back to the old way for the nomination thread.).

Here’s a list of past winners:
Previous noms:
January: LAMB
February: PASTRIES
March: DUMPLINGS
April: VEGETABLES
May: KOREAN
June: FRUIT
July: BBQ/GRILLED MEATS
August: COLD (POSSIBLY FROZEN) NON-DESSERT ITEMS
September: THAI
October: CHEAP EATS

Votes in ALL CAPS. Polls close at MIDNIGHT on 10/27.

BEGIN!!!

Is TURKEY, or
MAIN DISH FOR TURKEY DAY, or
T-DAY SIDES, or
PIE too obvious for November?

If so, what about something to take the chill off and was considered last month - CURRY?

4 Likes

BLOOD

EYES

BUGS

2 Likes

Great suggestions @bulavinaka. Yah with November and Thanksgiving and all… finding great Turkey in a restaurant seems rather rare (or maybe we just never remember to order it?). :sweat_smile:

I’m down for CURRY!

2 Likes

+1 for Thanksgiving type stuff (since we’ll all be doing that anyways). maybe this could be a combo restaurant, shopping and cooking thread?

3 Likes

Your noms should be specifically for October 31. :japanese_ogre::fearful::scream::alien:

6 Likes

Why am I totally not surprised that I am always surprised by your noms? :wink:

3 Likes

Are you making a nomination for THANKSGIVING? :slight_smile:

I’m going with one of your suggestions for this season @paranoidgarliclover… HARVEST.

:laughing: You’re getting crazier and crazier.

But I do think we should one day do “foods we’ve never had”. Was that @bulavinaka’s suggestion?

2 Likes

YES :yum:

T’was I who suggested NEW.

I also second CURRY.

[quote=“President_Mochi, post:14, topic:4493”]
T’was I who suggested NEW.
[/quote]…And I like it :wink:.

1 Like

So is that a vote???

Nope. But I’ll be happy if that or curry is chosen. Don’t worry. I won’t confuse you babe… I’ll capitalize my votes.

P.S. I’m thinking my harvest vote could be folded into Thanksgiving. But I put harvest, because I want to include apples, figs, grapes (things that might not be considered thanksgiving). If people come across some venison or pheasant that would be fun too :grin:. But not a requirement. Turkey should suffice :wink:.

Thoughts from all are welcome.

1 Like

Wasn’t me but thanks. Oops - POM (President of Mochi) already responded.

2 Likes

FRENCH FRIES and TRUFFLES

1 Like

So, TRUFFLE FRIES?