Dish of the Month (DoTM) – November – DEEP FRIED

yeah, i’ll have to hit that fucking shit up next time when getting a hair cut if I don’t go to Sunny Grill instead.

Big Mo’s Favorite at Orleans and York

Shrimp much better than the hot link. Will try oysters next time.

1 Like

Chicharron mixto al ajo (fried mixed seafood with garlic sauce) from Kotosh.

1 Like

Seemingly very similar to Jalea.

1 Like

where’s fucking Jalea ??? never heard of it, but I was nearby to Kotosh.

Jalea is a Peruvian dish of deep fried fish, shrimp & squid not a restaurant name.

Yeah, it’s pretty much jalea with a really tasty garlic sauce.

“The Best Fried Chicken Ever!!” (according to the menu listing) @ Pizza Romana on LA Brea is indeed very good fried chicken. A boneless chicken breast that is moist and juicy with a crunchy, somewhat spicy crust. They also have chicken tenders that are great as well—these are spicier than the chicken breast due to the amount of crust to chicken coverage.

3 Likes

Tell me who has the best French fries in LA . Don’t forget about these deep fried wonders . Not a dish but a great side . Well maybe a side .

I’m intrigued.

1 Like

Tana’s, homestyle fries, no one usually orders them so they cut up those fries to order usually and fry them up.

The Wee Chippy in Venice.

Patrick’s Belgian frities from the market in Mar Vista, Sundays only (he may show up somewhere else too, and of course his Liege waffles are pretty fucking good too).

Musso and Fran’s French fried potatoes, the thick cut ones, but ONLY and only when dipped in the bernaise.

Cafe 50s cajun fries, they are disgustingly delicious in the fucking late night hours.

1 Like

On the fast food front, Veggie Grill’s tempura green beans are pretty damn good. I also love their portobello fries, but they aren’t available right now.

1 Like

When did they have portobello mushroom fries??? Ever since I’ve been going there (for a few yrs now), I’ve only been offered Yukon-potato and sweet-potato fries… =(

We were there Friday night - got the jalea. Really like Kotosh.

1 Like

you were there and you didn’t happen to hit up the fucking udon joint ???

They had them during the winter as a seasonal special. I am hoping they’ll be back. They were so fantastic, especially with their ranch dressing.

Oh, I forgot to say they weren’t one of the usual sides. You had to order them as an appetizer.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I love portobello fries, so I do hope they come back. They’re (weekly?) barley soup isn’t half bad, either.

WOW. I am a chicken tender fiend. I am going to have to try this.

–Dommy!

Salt & pepper pork chops at Tasty Kitchen in Gardena.

1 Like

I’ve had the pork jerky from inthanon thai twice so far this month; probably my favorite pork jerky in the city right now.