Dish of the Month (DoTM) – November – DEEP FRIED

what’s fucking FWP ???

it’s a racist, bigoted bunch of nonsense posited on the old chowhound by a giant ass
thankfully long gone, disappointingly quoted here.

1 Like

Which place are you talking about again? N+M?

inthanon thai

Thanks.

You like it even better than Sri Siam??? I’m not in that area often, but I could perhaps take a detour one day…

If you give me a few weeks to eat through their menu I’ll get back to you, but Sri Siam never gave me the “man I gotta go back” feeling; I only went back to Sri Siam multiple times because CH told me I was missing a good thing.

I actually wanted to go back to Inthanon Thai - so for my taste buds, that’s where my dollars are going.

I’ve only been to Sri Siam perhaps twice, but thing that “does it” for me is the crispy rice salad. It’s like crack. Really one of the best things I’ve ever had.

I also had a deep fried whole fish that I enjoyed. Sometimes on CH told me what the name was (b/c I think they have several “fried fish” dishes), but I cannot for the life of me remember it. :frowning:

Valley Village isn’t super far for a leisurely lunch for me. The only thing is that I can’t eat enough on my own, and I like to order several dishes. :slight_smile:

you mean this one?

Ahem. Yes. I see we’ve had this conversation b/f! :wink:

Have you ever tried the crispy rice salad there?

Fried Kreplach with Gravy from Brent’s Deli

2 Likes

That gosh darn Disneyland Corn Dog and Cheese Dog…

2 Likes

Pann’s fried food night!

First, fried chicken wing and breast ($11.95) with their EXCEPTIONAL onion rings. Chicken is juicy, not greasy. Onion rings are thick and really retained their flavor unlike many places (or God forbid the frozen).

Second, fried catfish ($14.65) with rings and greens. Fish was tender and perfectly done.

Third, pile of 6 wings and waffle ($13.95).

6 Likes

wow! that’s taking one for the team!! looks amazing

1 Like

Wait just one fucking second…

You consumed every dish on your own ???

We aren’t fucking worthy. Not to be confused with James Worthy.

2 Likes

@kevin @LAgirl I didn’t eat it ALL, lol!!! I few years ago, maybe I could. 3 of us.

Yakisoba Katsu sandwich, grilled cheese Katsu, mixed plain and curry croquettes from Mr. Katsu in fullerton. Really well put together sandwiches here, the Katsu is well fryed and is tasty

, the other ingredients go well and the Texas toast holds up and is the right vehicle. Very nice folks here as well. About 35 for 3 sandwiches, a drink and 10 croquettes.

2 Likes

Their half fried chicken dinner is one of my go to comfort meals. I really like the mashed potatoes and gravy for a side too.

3 Likes

The spicy clucking chicken at plan check and howlin rays

2 Likes

That Howling rays is a thing of utter fucking beauty.

Hannosuke (much better than the Torrance location)

More Blue Star
Favorite was the raspberry hisbicus, the least I thought would be great.

Lemon Poppy

Buttermilk Orxata

Mexican chocolate

Raspberry Hibiscus

2 Likes