Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- November -- Nominations

Y’all know how this works. Nominations must be in ALL-CAPS. Nominations end on 10/26 @ 8PM. Extra style points to those who choose something seasonal/rare.

Previous DoTM:
January: chili
February: burgers
March: seafood sandwiches
April: fried rice
May: curry
June: pizza
July: skewers
August: hot dog/sausages
September: potatoes
October: pie

And… BEGIN!

Here we go…

OYSTERS
RIBS
DELI
NOODLES

PASTA

Everyone remembers how much interest we had a few weeks ago when novelli asked about pasta. :slight_smile:

@OCSteve: when you say “noodles,” are you specifically only referring to Asian varieties (b/c otherwise posters might respond w/ pics about Italian pasta and such)?

I meant any kind of noodles. I thought about narrowing it down, but decided to keep it broad. If others want to narrow it down, that’s fine.

1 Like

RIBS sounds good to me

DEEP FUCKING FRIED

3 Likes

RIBS
DEEP FRIED

a little more descriptive.

or just combine that into one…here’s a photo of a fried pork rib from Pecan Lodge BBQ in Dallas we enjoyed…$3

(my pic came out blurry from my drool on the camera so this is from the TX BBQ Posse)

DEEP FRIED.

3 Likes

SANDWICHES

1 Like

Fucking toro.

Or

Melawach.

Or

Insects.

CEVICHE/POKE

or

SHORT RIBS

@kevin: ALL CAPS, PLEASE. :smile:

@boogiebaby: did you want “short ribs” to stand separate from just plain “ribs” (for other people who may vote or may wish to amend their original vote)?

Yes, because short ribs are a cool weather food in my book, whereas grilled/BBQ ribs are a more summery type food to me. :smile:

My suggestion for ribs was inclusive of short ribs. Weather is cooling off, but it’s still warm. I plan on eating (and making) both.

before I forget there was the joint in holllywood near birth that served those great beef short ribs bbq’d.

anyone happen to rememeber the fucking name ???

thanks guys.

All types of LAMB dishes.

1 Like

c’mon down to st johns hospital for insects - I personally thought the cafeteria food was so bad the roaches would stay away.
after we can go to Taco Puntas Cabras

Cockroach infestation shuts down cafeteria at St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica

2 Likes

Well, there we go. except for the fact that they are getting the fucking insects outta the fucking joint by Saturday.

oh, well, there goes the fucking month.