Dish of the Month (DoTM) – OCTOBER 2016 – FINAL VOTING

The (re-)introduction of regional cuisine has confused things a bit, since curry, Northern Italian, and Regional Cuisine all tied. I’m making a (perhaps not entirely logical) executive decision to fold Northern Italian and Greek/Mediterranean into Regional Cuisine. And @bookwich’s post was split into 3 separate votes. :wink:

SO, that means that your final choices for this month are (drum roll)

1. PASTA
  2. REGIONAL CUISINE (please name a region if you vote for this)
  3. CHEAP EATS (using the @nosh criteria of “$8 or under for main dish at breakfast or lunch, $12 for the meal all in; $10 main item at dinner, $15 for the meal per person at dinner”; sorry @Ns1).

Vote using poll! Voting closes at 09/30 @ midnight.

As an aside, we are tantalizingly close to our fundraising goal! Please donate, if you can. :smiley: Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m confused. Are we allowed to give more than one vote in this phase?

@paranoidgarliclover this poll may make your job easier.

• PASTA
  • REGIONAL CUISINE
  • CHEAP EATS
  • HEAD

0 voters

4 Likes

I love curry. But after Thai Month…

@PorkyBelly, how did you create that???

If you click on the gear icon, you’ll get the option to build a poll.

No. You can nominate as many dishes as you want, but you can only vote for one once the nominations are over.

2 Likes

THANKS!!! Seriously, a game changer.

AND, BTW, “HEAD” IS NOT ONE OF THE CHOICES. NO WRITE INS ALLOWED. :wink: @CiaoBob, you get to recast your vote. :wink:

@ipsedixit: can we pin this? Since people will presumably be voting using the poll, I don’t know if the post will refresh to the top of the page. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m voting “regional” since I started it - sorry for the all the confusion - but am secretly happy “cheap eats” is winning. But I’m confused myself. If “regional” should win, it will be Greek and Northern Italian? Isn’t that a little broad?

Love this. Smarty Pants.

1 Like

@PorkyBelly might have got his ballot items crossed with his tinder account. :tongue:

3 Likes

Good thing there’s no photos to accompany the text b/c we might’ve gotten an eyeful… :wink: Bwahahahahaha.

2 Likes

CHEAP EATS!!!
(And here is some filler text, because apparently the above “vote” wasn’t long enough to prove I’m not a spam-spewing bot.)
(And here’s a photo of a peacock and a peahen who recently visited, just because.)

6 Likes

Oh wow! I hope you’re not in that neighborhood where a peacock serial killer is lurking.

1 Like

hmm are peacocks tasty? next dotm?

5 Likes

Poor @paranoidgarliclover. This is always the most unruly thread. Nice of @nosh to offer a lifeline :anguished:.

2 Likes

Let’s worry about one thing at a time. :wink: If/when “regional” wins, we’ll figure out what to do after that…

@PorkyBelly: you wrote in “head” and now you’re talking (pea)cocks? Buddy, you’ve got a one track mind…

Ahem. Back to voting, please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HEAD. Meet me at Love & Salt. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hi @paranoidgarliclover,

Can clarify for everyone how to vote? I’m seeing the traditional way of people using all caps, but then I see votes in the poll post further down the thread.

This feels confusing.

you had me at head. heading out now.