Dish of the Month (DoTM) -- SEPTEMBER 2016 -- NOMINATIONS

CARBS

1 Like

THAI

or

FINGER FOODS

Broad category, but CARBS sounds pretty awesome. I’d definitely be able to participate in that DoTM! :sweat_smile:

Also on board with DESSERT and TACOS

I know. A lot of good noms this month. Harvest Foods. The late entry of Finger Foods is really interesting and broad. Tacos would be a blast. Also Thai has been in the running for a while. I see @PorkyBelly has given up on Head… Probably only temporarily.

Note to @paranoidgarliclover - My references are not in CAPS. I’m just talkin’… tapping to be exact.

1 Like

I eat tacos with my fingers so FINGER FOODS works

1 Like

Great point @Ns1.

I wonder, if “Finger Foods” turns out to be anything with your hands, then wouldn’t Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, Fried Chicken, Ice Cream Cones, Hamburgers and much more all qualify? LOL.

Would that turn into something too broad?

1 Like

I’m not seeing a problem here

2 Likes

It was wondering the same thing @Chowseeker1999.

This is my interpretation of Finger Foods, which is my favorite way to eat.

But I suspect PorkBelly & Ns1 meant this.

:relieved:
Which I’m good with. But you’re right… It could get too broad.

4 Likes

he’s using his fingers, and it’s food, so I’m not sure why it wouldn’t count…

i mean, does he need to lift his pinky so he’s not using all 5 fingers? what if the bone were smaller?

2 Likes

Yes. The pinky is a must.

better?

3 Likes

Awww! Yes!

I just caught the pinky! You’re hilarious.

Fusilli Jerry!

2 Likes

I’m waffling here, but going with FINGER FOOD (photo cred to thecharmingdetroiter).

2 Likes

I’m waffling too. But only in my head. I’m still sticking with my lone nom of REGIONAL.

Hi @TheCookie,

Ooh! You’re voting for any Regional food? That would be quite expansive as well, I guess? Maybe a good thing? :slight_smile:

I’d throw a vote for REGIONAL as well, so maybe that might mitigate how narrow only one Regional Cuisine might be, if any Regional food counts?

Well… My thinking was “regional” in the nomination cycle. Then everyone can throw in the region they want in the voting cycle. For instance your idea of American Southern or Northern Italian which is more risotto, polenta, roasted meats, less red sauce based dishes.

But seriously, I wasn’t expecting anyone to go for it. Especially after Cold Non-Dessert Dishes, which some may have found challenging or unappealing… Not me :grin:… more to come. I’m good if we do something more simple this month. No worries… I’ll throw regional out there again sometime :wink:.

Thanks @Chowseeker1999. You always seem up for a good challenge or experience.

1 Like

DESSERTS
FINGERS FOOD

“Alex, I’ll take REGIONAL DISHES please.”

1 Like

THAI
WAFFLES

these should be good…

2 Likes