Dish of the Month -- MAY 2017 -- NOMINATIONS

So the South Asian may have been a bit of a bust (thanks to all who contributed!), but perhaps the next winner will inspire a few more entries. I believe @PorkyBelly has made an early nom for, um, a part of male genitalia. And, sure, why not?

Previous winners:

July: BBQ/GRILLED MEATS
August: COLD (POSSIBLY FROZEN) NON-DESSERT ITEMS
September: THAI
October: CHEAP EATS
November: THANKSGIVING/HARVEST
December: GONADS (incl sperm and eggs), PIES, and CURRY

January: SOUP/STEWS
February: CHICKEN
March: DUMPLINGS
April: SOUTH ASIAN

Noms in ALL CAPS and due by 04/27 @ 23:59!

BEGIN!!!

@ipsedixit: a pin, please.

SALADS. (Yes, Discourse, that’s all I wanted to say.)

I knew I shouldn’t have nominated South Asian… :unamused:

FRUIT. :tangerine:

(Whoops, sorry @ElsieDee, I didn’t mean to reply to your post.)

3 Likes

in honor of our site’s guiding principles to “not be a dick” i nominate

PIZZLE :eggplant:

(no pics will be provided to protect the innocent and at the request of @paranoidgarliclover)

6 Likes

You know what? We’re having a bit of a moment here in LA, so I’m gonna go on-trend and nominate MATCHA – drinks, foods, desserts, soft-serve, anything goes as long as it’s got that grassy green :wink:

1 Like

STRAWBERRIES have been mentioned a few times this month - relatively positive reports so far.

Edt: FRUIT is the first nom. That would probably work better.

3 Likes

Am I too late?

I realize South Asia was a bit of a bust. But I’m going to give Asia another try. SOUTHEAST ASIAN. If that’s not acceptable, then STRAWBERRIES OR FRUIT. I’ve given up on trying to get a win for SALADS, but that would be good too.

Thanks!

SALADS would be nice.

Ugh! I just noticed I was late, sorry.

[quote=“Chowseeker1999, post:9, topic:5533”]
Ugh! I just noticed I was late, sorry.
[/quote]I know. Open up! Let us in!

Its fine, I’m counting it all (esp since my place was hit w/ a power outage, and I have to check the internet at work!). :slight_smile:

1 Like

I nominate STRAWBERRIES for DOTM

Late to the party. I think FRUIT would be a good one with the warm weather. If I could let Dave Chapelle’s Half Baked reiterate the decision…

“Next time I am going to want some cocktail…FRUIT!!!”

“You guys believe in angels?”

Brilliant screenplay from Dave Chapelle!

1 Like

Coinkydink. The ghetto bird woke us up at 4am this morning; so we watched the first episode of Chapelle’s Netflix show. He joked about his movies. Really funny stuff.

1 Like