Disneyland best table service dining?

Best table service dinner option in Disneyland? Recollect someplace in New Orleans square…
Thanks in advance

are you thinking of “Blue Bayou”?

my money is on Cathay Circle in DCA for decent drinks and food, with an adult ambiance. would not recommend if you’re bringing kids.

1 Like

Here in Disneyland, no dual park tix though so limited to just magic kingdom options.

Awfully busy on a Monday…

these are your only official options for true table service:

Blue Bayou / Cafe Orleans / Carnation Cafe / River Belle Terrace

• Blue Bayou is the most themed and recommended if you can get in
  • Cafe Orleans basically has the same menu as BB w/o the ambiance IIRC
  • Carnation Cafe is often recommended for their fried chicken but I think for an FTC’er it’s nothing special, though quite edible

Never been to RBT.

Club 33

1 Like

Darn…I missed this one. I’d hop over to Napa Rose inside the Grand Californian. Ask if Saucy is working the floor…he’s quite the character if you’re looking for an entertaining evening.

I agree with @attran99 Napa Rose. The service is excellent.

1 Like

Not only the best restaurant at Disneyland, maybe the best restaurant in Orange County.

1 Like

FIFY

1 Like

Maybe not even then. The Ranch Restaurant might take that honor.

What’s FIFY?

FTC hot take of the week.

Thanks all for the feedback, we ended up at the Cafe Orleans… unfortunately Blue Bayou was fully booked.

In all fairness, we arrived in the park at 5:30 hoping to dine at 6:30… note to self a bit more advance planning in the future…

This.

I like the beef short rib at Napa Rose better than Ranch.

For future reference, you really can skip the Blue Bayou. I’ve done it twice, and there’s not much to be excited about unless you want to see riders on Pirates of the Carribean. I don’t get the Monte Cristo sandwich…sweet and salty in a sandwich doesn’t sit well with me.
You’re really better off at Napa Rose. I’ve also heard good things about Steakhouse 55.

1 Like

Also Cafe Orlean’s has may of The Blue Bayou’s menu items, including the Monte Cristo’s at much less the price. Blue Bayou $27 vs Cafe Orleans $19.

1 Like

Non-withstanding Napa Rose, most table service inside the Parks is pretty good…for a theme park.

After hitting a few cocktails at various places inside DCA, we strolled over to Disneyland for a late dinner since most of the better places all shut down early in anticipation of World of Color and Carthay Circle is usually always booked.

Carnation Cafe on Main Street had easy and open seating outside and folks were already lined up for the evening fireworks show.

The highlight of the meal was the catch of the day…if it’s pan-seared salmon, get it. It’s pan-seared and basted in clarified butter so all the crispy bits taste like butter. Comes with nice broccolini, a savory corn “cake” something and whatever sauce that was probably too sweet for me…remember, already a few drinks in.

We timed it well that the fireworks show was beginning as we finished dinner. It was the best time to hop on a few rides after navigating the traffic flow.

Salt & Straw for dessert…the October/Halloween flavors are quite good. Pumpkin ice cream, moist chunks of pumpkin bread, some cream cheese frosting swirls in their waffle cone was a nice way to end the day.

6 Likes

I always wanted to eat at Blue Bayou since I was a kid. Sounds like I would be disappointed.

I’ll stick to corn dogs, churros, dole whips, and those veggie skewers across from Indiana/Jungle.

I do want to stay at the Grand Californian and eat at Napa Rose. Probably my favorite themed hotel beats anything at Vegas. I do have a soft spot for Caesar’s. Heard nothing but good things from family and friends with Napa Rose.

Salt N Straw is always good too.

That burger place from NYC I would skip according to my friends.

When Din Tai Fung opens I expect that to be one of the busiest locations. (DTF is also coming to Midtown Manhattan). I like everything except the XLB’s lol. Ultimately DTF with Downtown Disney and Midtown is gonna expose authentic Chinese to even more people. That’s a good thing. I remember the Arcadia location was almost all Taiwanese/Chinese customers and now you have a people of every race enjoying DTF.

Also I never had it but sometimes I’ll just walk in to the Main St Ice Cream Parlor just to sniff lol. Smells so damn good. I can’t be the only one that does this lol.

Garden Grove Blvd is not too far away with Korean and Vietnamese food all on one street (might be the only place in the US with this combo). Little Arabia is also nearby. M&M Donuts with those hot blueberry donuts hits the spot late at night.

I digress.

2 Likes

Blue Bayou is one of those things that’s a one and done. It’s fun to have a table by the water and wave to riders as they float by.

I haven’t been in over a decade, but I do know it’s one of the very few places you can get a cocktail inside the Park. They’ve made improvements to the menu as they have with all of the Park food, but I can’t substantiate that.

Reservations are also hard to come by since you need to book online way ahead of time.

Best way to stay on property is to know someone who works for the evil empire and ask them to sponsor a “Friends & Family” discount for you. Rates can be discounted as much as 50%.

5 Likes