Does anyone have a recommended porchetta recipe that they have actually done themselves to good results?

On a related note, does anyone have a recommended porchetta recipe that they have actually done themselves to good results?

1 Like

i always go the Kenji route…http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/12/all-belly-porchetta-recipe-italian-roast-pork.htm he has different versions of it too.

1 Like

I wish. It seems daunting, but it’s probably not as hard as it seems. I have a delicious, easy Stuffed Pork Loin recipe that makes me look like a gourmet (I’m so not). I also saved a Porchetta episode from Martha Stewart Cooking School (PBS). It looks great but I haven’t tried it. Good luck and take a picture if you’re up to it.

The late Judy Rodger’s Mock Porchetta recipe from the Zuni Cafe cookbook. This recipe most reminds me of the Porchetta roasts we’d get from the local Italian market where I grew up.

1 Like

I do a rabbit en porchetta every couple of years. If you are up for some very light foraging you can take it to the next level, too. I’ll write it up if anyone is actually going to try it. Fair warning: it is a bit involved.

This?

1 Like

Cath does know her pork.

I am up for all that . Rabbit en porchetta . I forage and love being involved in long slow tedious cooking . I can easily come up with all the ingrediants . The mushrooms , mainly porcini and chanterelles are here . Would love to hear of this . Thanks

It seems to be verbatim from the cookbook. Even the wine paring is included.

I love it that so many things - not all - are now available online.

One of my favorite cookbooks ever. I have to re-read it cover to cover every few years!

1 Like

I once asked on CH if you’ve fixed roast chicken in addition to the Zuni one, did Zuni rank as #1. Not a singled poster preferred non-Zuni. And the bread salad is crazy good also.