Does anyone still shop at big box grocery stores?

Love Gelson’s and they just opened a Del Mar location… close to the Ranch!
Finally…

1 Like

Love ethnic markets…
Wish there was a Persian market close to me…I have to go to AZ for my goodies.

$150 Gift Card from Gelson’s for Christmas. . . .Sweet!

I’m liking how you roll Bubbly!
Get on the Vegas board and talk more where you have been lately…
We had a fab meal at Lakeside in September at the Wynn and of course, LOS for lunch.
Oyster Bar at the Palace Station counter is da bomb!

1 Like

Back in the day. . .going to the grocery store in Del Mar/Ranch would be a good place to meet your future honeybun!

Awwww…Ipse with future grandkids…:couplekiss:

Olive oil, peanut butter, dairy products (in SD not Strauss), booze and beef are average at best in quality or not much cheaper. (Toothpaste and deodorant we bought once was horrible) They tend to be good for nuts but little else

A lot of Trader Joe’s products are at best mediocre, but the exceptions are why I go there.

Trader Joe’s Kalamata olive oil, unsalted organic butter, and whole-milk greek yogurt are top quality and cost at least 25% less than alternatives of similar quality (unless I buy a five-liter can of oil, which we don’t go through fast enough).

They have the lowest prices I’ve found on certain good brand-name liquors, e.g. Laphroiag scotch and Raynal VSOP brandy.

I’ve tried dozens of natural peanut butters and their crunchy salted Valencia organic is the best.

Their Teva kosher bone-in ribeye is not the best steak I can buy (unless it’s after 7pm), but it’s well-marbled, tasty, and unbeatable for the price.

Frozen kalbi, microwave foods, free coffee and food samples, NZ grass fed steaks, trail mix, spicy dried mango, variety of dried fruits, clean restrooms, decent beer selection.

1 Like

Mostly Trader Joe’s, but supplemented with trips to Mitsuwa, Nijiya, S-Mart, India Spiceland, Samosa House West, Northgate González Markets, and Penzeys Spices.

1 Like

Love the Mex markets and Mitsuwa too…

1 Like

My DH swears that Stater bros has one of the best meat dept. And quality deli meat as well, that rivals Costco and the price with their weekly deals…
Rib eye last week was $4.99 PD and tho’ I won’t touch the stuff, it looked fab and they grind the meat for you for burgers at no charge…its like an old fashion butcher shop.