Downtown - tapas

My husband and I are planning a night out with another couple this Saturday. The other couple wants to check out downtown. We’re all on the Westside and we don’t get over there much due to the small children that follow us around. We rarely get out with just another couple, but the one time we did it before we went to Lukshon and had a great time. I kind of like the idea of another tapas place (Spanish or otherwise) since I think it prolongs the meal and contributes to more conversation. Any recommendations?

Afterward, the other couple suggested going to a whiskey bar…though I don’t know what that really means…just a bar that serves whiskey? I’ve heard of Cana Rum Bar and honestly I like the idea of live music, but not so much cigars. Any thoughts on what would be fun afterward?

If it matters, we’re all in our early 40s and prefer to be around people similar (or close) to our age.

1 Like

Not tapas but small plates/family style
Kinjiro for japanese “tapas”
Bestia
Baco mercat
Redbird
Little sister
Broken spanish
Otium

Miro or westbound for drinks

3 Likes

Barcito for dinner then head over to Seven Grand (or Bar Jackalope in the back if you want to take a tour of Japanese whiskeys) for drinks.

If you end up at Barcito, don’t shy away from the lamb belly medallions. Good good good stuff. Order one just for yourself. Fuck that sharing thing.

2 Likes

(Japanese) tapas, AND a damn fine selection of whiskey (Japanese and otherwise)… All in one place in DTLA:

Shibumi

2 Likes

Thanks for the rec! I was able to make a reservation for Saturday night at Barcito. Looking forward to it and will definitely order a lamb medallion for myself.

[quote=“deedubs, post:1, topic:4382”]
I kind of like the idea of another tapas place (Spanish or otherwise) since I think it prolongs the meal and contributes to more conversation.
[/quote]Hah… never thought of that. Nice.

I’ve noticed you’re kind of a little information center when it comes to Spanish or in this case Argentine (I think) type foods. Is it one of your favorites?

Make that ALL food.

3 Likes