Drinking today

How about Blue Room in Burbank on San Fernando? It’s been years since I’ve been, and my memory is that it’s cash only, with no beer on tap. Bottles only.

JPs in Santa Monica Mon - Friday, anytime before 5:00pm has a definite quality to it–but I believe they have tv.

Santa Monica Brewworks tap room sells beer, no food, and has no tv. Good beer.

Sorry, nice dive would be the oxymoron of the entire year,

sort of like genial trump would be.

frank n hanks sounds great too.

dresden is way too hipster for my tastes.

rustic has food so that’s on the outs.

I like the look of this blue room you speak of, and i like those neon signs for bars, that say COCKTAILS in big garish letters.

its been a while, but there is a vaguely diveish cast to the blue room on a weekday at around 2 pm. they look at u funny if you order a sam adams.
at night, however, the tables fill up with a demographic veering towards the groovy.
im not sure its really what youre looking for.

I am over it.

Crazy night in the Emergency Room, I could really go for a cold one right now.

1 Like

I hope all is well. Have a few cold ones - you deserve it.

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I read that as he was the surgeon ?

1 Like

I consider the Daily Pint on Pico in Santa Monica to be a “nice dive.” It’s got the requisite character and sense of history. It’s not sleek and polished like many other Santa Monica spots. The patrons are an eclectic mix. The bathroom passes the “dive bar” litmus test–dirty, doesn’t lock, no mirror, size of a broom closet. There is a TV, though, along with an enormous selection of craft beer and whiskey. I had Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA on tap there last week. The Pint is my go-to on the west side.

Club Tee Gee in Atwater Village is another dive I really enjoy. Cash only, definitely relies on locals for business. A good place to catch up with an old friend over some stiff drinks.

1 Like