DTLA Friday Night - Recommend Something, Please

PYT- yes. Pre exhibition show being put on by a friend at These Days gallery on Winston (go see it, there til April 27), we walked around the corner, but couldn’t get a seat at the bar at Baco Mercat, so went next door to PYT. Much less frenetic and bar was wide open at 6:30 pm (it got a little cramped within the next hour…but not too loud or obnoxious). Glass of Grenache blanc and Pinot…shared the pumpkin soup with black woodear mushrooms, etc., and sweet potatoes with apple, with an amuse buche of broccolini that balanced everything nicely …all of it was excellent, esp. the soup. Didn’t realize they brand themselves as vegetarian-vegan as there are a few meat entrees on the menu…all good- a great choice to bring my vegetarian buddies while satisfying needs of others.

2 Likes

This looks like a fitting thread. I need a kid friendly place downtown for dinner tonight (4 adults & 2 pups). Any suggestions?

Cassell’s Hamburgers DTLA?

3 Likes

majordomo patio?

4 Likes

Pizzeria Bianco

3 Likes

Joey dtla? gotta be super kid friendly
Bar Amá (super nacho happy hour)
Maccheroni Republic

2 Likes

Second Bar Ama

1 Like

Good ones! I’ll run them by the committee. :wink: Thanks!

Pine and Crane. We recently loved our dinner there. Super nice folks, great atmosphere.

2 Likes

dtla adjacent, holbox

2 Likes

More good ones!

Two Bit Circus for some new school arcade games into Guerilla Tacos, Afuri Ramen or ERB. Just don’t tell my kids that Two Bit Circus opened back up.

4 Likes

Go old skool Chinatown and eat at Chinese Friends Restaurant one last time before the Chef retires and the restaurant closes down forever.

(warning: Their website is a bit wonky, which I think adds to their street cred if anything lol)

3 Likes

Manuela works for kids and dogs.

1 Like