DTLA or mid-city Friday Dinner for Picky Eaters

Really, guys? There are millions of people on this earth that eat perfectly well without using animal products or wheat.

Rice, rice noodles, yams, tofu, beans, chickpea flour, rice flour, taro, corn. I could go on, but I won’t bore you.

Personally, I find meat, especially hunks of muscle meat, fairly disgusting about 95% of the time, but I don’t feel the need to disparage people on their dietary choices.

If your friend is annoying, it’s because he’s an annoying person, not because of what he eats.

1 Like

I was referring specifically to the vegan vegetable hater part.

4 Likes

Edit to add this was a response to @J_L

Lol, that’s my sister-in-law. Nowadays she is more vegetarian than vegan, but she basically nibbles candy, vegan ice cream and little cakes all day long. She also brings home a large pizza very few days, which she stores in the oven. We don’t think it’s annoying, we think it’s funny.

French fries

1 Like

Malnutrition. Carb on carb on carb. No protein in sight, no healthy fats, where are the amino acids and the omegas. My friend for example is NOT getting what his body needs.

I don’t care if people avoid meat, that’s easy. It’s this other shit. He doesn’t actually have gluten sensitivity but thinks he does.

What’s annoying is wanting to hang out as friends do, my family, his family, and have to go through a questionnaire and 20 options before settling on the same 3 places he wants to eat at. No drinks either.

1 Like

Yes, that’s the funny part to me. I eat way more veg than him.

Like I said, he sounds like a generally annoyimg person. If it wasn’t food, I’m sure it would be something else to help him feel he has control of his life. Then again, if that’s his only fault… Oh well.

One measure of frendship is how much you are willing to tolerate. You sound like a good friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Friends who have been friends for 20 years aren’t really an option to be bad friends to. It’s like a forever family thing now. He wasn’t always so bad with food. Rest isn’t an issue, just the food and drink.

3 Likes

It plays both ways. Like in any good relationship, it can’t be all give and no take.

3 Likes

Of what does such a friendship consist? Isn’t that person going to die of malnutrition soon anyway?

Vegetable. And at their best, not vegan.

1 Like

Apparently he’s super healthy and doctors confirm a clean bill of health including protein count. So maybe it just looks odd from the outside. It consists of many non food and drink related things, especially music. We started collecting records together 19 years ago and had a dj crew back in Boston.

1 Like

That is so funny. We went once and I said to A that everybody looks like reality TV hopefuls.

I’m trademarking the Gastro-disabled (c) descriptor :stuck_out_tongue:

If there are too many dietary restrictions, I just suggest Cheesecake Factory.

3 Likes

Update. He no longer eats potatoes. We now go out for tea

4 Likes

Wow lolllllll

1 Like

buy some soylent and call it a day.

1 Like

You were both right. I stay far away from reality TV joints.

1 Like