Early Dinner Near The Los Angeles Theatre

Have tickets for a screening of Easter Parade tomorrow night at the Los Angeles Theatre (Broadway near 6th) and would like to get dinner around 5:30 or 6 pm somewhere within walking distance, so we only have to park once. (We’re the kind of folks who don’t valet park at Bludso’s, so a several block hike is no problem…:slight_smile:) I know there are tons of options downtown, but the closer to the theatre the better,and somewhere where we can get in and out fairly quickly --like an hour or so. Plain or fancy is fine, and any type of food is fine so long as it is good.

If a 4 block hike isn’t a problem (the blocks downtown are pretty close together), I’d recommend Wood Spoon (9th & Spring). If there’s also a show @ the Orpheum or Theater @ Ace Hotel, you should make reservations to ensure a table. Good food, lovely folks running the place.

Guisados
Kazunori

1 Like

How is the Guisados downtown?

Bottega Louie

Wood Spoon

Water Grill

Mignon

Le Petit Paris

Black Sheep

Concur. I just went to see Pop-Up Magazine at the Ace this past Tuesday night. Went to Wood Spoon for the first time. Kicking myself that I have waited so long. This chicken pot pie is the business:

4 Likes

I did the same a couple of weeks ago before the Aimee Mann show @ the Ace (love the Ace btw—one of my favorite places to see a show)

1 Like

Many thanks to all for their suggestions. Ended up at Le Petit Paris, and it was excellent. I had not heard anything about it, but it is a solid bistro, and while a bit pricey, certainly delivers the goods. Excellent Foie Gras terrine, lamb with mustard and delicious duck. Nice room and good cocktails as well. Near the Last Bookstore, so I guess it is not truly a “hidden” gem, but it was really pleasant and worth a trip if you are in the neighborhood.

And speaking of in the neighborhood…went to Clifton’s post-movie (it’s a half block away from the Los Angeles Theatre) and the cocktail/bar scene was unique, to say the least. Solid drinks in an interesting venue. (Young women in black cocktail dresses mixing with old farts/movie nerds there for the the LA Conservancy post-screening Easter Parade trivia contest --and that’s why I love Los Angeles…)

3 Likes