Eater LA Essential Lists

lol am I supposed to take this response seriously

• I diverted traffic to another restaurant in the same restaurant group thus minimally affecting their business while catering to Eater’s audience
  • a solicitor literally touched my mom on her chest dude. If it happens to my mom, do you really want to submit your readers to even a chance of that happening?
  • they had no procedure for handling solicitors
  • they didn’t kick the solicitor out, didn’t even apologize for the problem, didn’t do anything.
  • I admitted to this with my full name and face out there. I understand this probably doesn’t mean a whole lot to you since you don’t
  • don’t use the word “blacklisted,” it’s 2021

I am not addressing this issue any further. This place has a toxic reputation in the industry because of people like you. EDIT: I want to clarify, this does not reflect my opinion of FTC and the good folks here who do real work. It’s just disheartening to hear industry people dismiss this place wholesale when I know there’s good people here who love food and don’t have an axe to grind with a publication.

21 Likes

And yes my name is Euno and my fiancée’s name is Eunice. Make your jokes now and let’s get it over with

13 Likes

Congrats!

8 Likes

ty good sir!!!

2 Likes

E squared. Love it.

4 Likes

Mazel tov!

3 Likes

Congrats! Question is who is going to cater the wedding? So many choices!

5 Likes

Lightweight :wink:

My friend Alex married a woman named Alex. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

??? I was just asking for clarification, but clearly you read something more into it than that.

No you didn’t; Oc & Lau 2 isn’t part of the Brodard Group, and the Brodard Group hasn’t had any restaurant at that location since Lotus (aka Brodard Vegetarian) closed in early 2019. You even said you like the FV location better anyway, so I’m not sure what you’re going on about here.

This literally has nothing to do with the restaurant’s food or service, which is NOT what you originally wrote:

I’m truly sorry your/your mother’s experience there was ruined – I have no ties to the restaurant or its group, and based on my many experiences there I have never encountered anything of the sort – which is why I was genuinely curious about what the hell kind of “really bad experiences” you must have had. My questioning was simply because I thought I must have been missing something for you to have gone from claiming multiple poor service experiences to the extent that you thought Brodard could turn people off to Little Saigon as a whole (that is a pretty damning statement to make, no?) to… “well it was only this one time and it wasn’t even the restaurant or its staff.”

I’m a hobbyist commenting on a foodie message board, not someone operating in a quasi-professional capacity; like almost everyone else on this site (and HO), I use an alias. Why does it matter so much to you? What, you want to doxx and harass me or something? That’s creepy.

Yes, it’s 2021, so you want me to instead use “blackballed”? Because that’s the only direct synonym in the online thesaurus. Luckily, though, neither word has any actual, historically racial etymological connotations.

People like me? What? I’m not using any professional capacity to retaliate or perpetuate a grudge against an immigrant family-owned and -operated restaurant that is considered a beloved cornerstone of the Little Saigon enclave because of some petty slight from 2 decades ago that ultimately turns out wasn’t even perpetuated by the business itself or its staff. I’m also not resorting to personal insults or name-calling…

But hey, good luck to you!!

1 Like

I was legit thinking about having their nem nuong cuon passed around as an appetizer… but I like summer rolls better all-around… and the quan mii cuon tom thit I might prefer over both of those, too. But the lady is the CEO of the wedding we’ll see what she likes.

2 Likes

And yet you still somehow manage to create some of the most condescending, unnecessarily argumentative, and poster-specific attacking writing I’ve ever seen here (and I’ve literally been here since the start).

Multiple posters across multiple threads have pointed out a perceived pattern of posting from you. Perhaps you should consider that their observations might be valid.

6 Likes

@matthewkang essential rolls map???

1 Like

15 essential rolls, fall 2022 edition

• added - oc & Lau 2
  • removed - brodard
6 Likes

brodard chateau* :rofl:

3 Likes

If you call it “Essential Rolls”, you’re just asking for trouble… :rofl:

Sushi rolls, egg rolls, lobster rolls, spring rolls…

4 Likes

Amoroso rolls

3 Likes

Sarcones in South Philly is where it’s at.

It’s gonna sound snobby af but a cheesesteak and a hoagie that’s not on Sarcone’s seeded roll is a crime. @PorkyBelly amirite?

2 Likes

My sources on the Main Line confirm that this is indeed the case. #BrotherlyLove

two hot dog places??? is LA even known as a hot dog town?

a weird list indeed