Election night Booze!

I feel like I should plan ahead for a long night lol. What will everyone be drinking as the results come in? Wine, beer Cocktails /other. I’m thinking wine early but I’m open to suggestions.

1 Like

Start with cocktails. Then close with wine. Champagne if good stuff really happens.
Sleep like a baby after.

4 Likes

I’m going with tequila straight up.

3 Likes

Results might not be in for weeks.

2 Likes

While true doesn’t change the question.

1 Like

Changes the budget!

2 Likes

Do you like to drink sangrita on the side or what do you like with your tequila?

Lol! Just for watching the ‘horse race’ on TV tomorrow

Edit to say that I did pick up a gris from the south of France at Bristol Farms since they have all their rosè discounted. So that’s 1 bottle down

Go old school and bake yourself a boozy election cake!

2 Likes

Seeing as how the champagne I had ready in 2016 was consumed much much later in the following year… We are going to nursing some Irish Potin… fire water… over ice and maybe some fresh processed pomegrante juice…

2 Likes

Trying to get the hangover started early!? I’m not sure Irish moonshine is a sipping beverage lolol :rofl:

Four presidential campaigns and 15 years in local news later… the fairies they call me…

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of sangrita. Most of thre ones I’ve had just really aren’t that good. The very best sangrita I’ve ever had was at Cantramar in Mexico City…but I digress.

I drink tequila a number of different ways. With blanco I like it on the rocks with an orange twist.

I keep a bottle of Cuervo Tradcional in the freezer and like that particular reposado chilled, but I’ll probably just go with Siete Leguas reposado in a caballito.

1 Like

Wasn’t in the mood for tequila tonight so I went with a personal riff on a Boulevardier…2 parts Bullit Rye + 1 part dry vermouth + 3/4 part Campari. Don’t have enough vermouth for a 2nd one, but I do have enough vermouth for a Manhattan, and I much prefer my Manhattans with dry vermouth to sweet :yum:

4 Likes

I went with wine and pizza (jon & Vinny’s)

3 Likes

May need to move onto harder liquor!

1 Like

I’m drinking my everyday Muscadet since this looks like it might drag on for a few days or weeks.

3 Likes

Ugh. Even before the returns came in it was an exhausting day. So I didn’t have time to process my pomegrantes. Further, I got really cold for some reason and so since my Meyer lemons are coming in… I decided to do a tea based hot toddy.

This was my first time trying Poitin and it was… firey. The tea I used was a Chamomile blend from A Rare Tea Co. called Soothe Me (Yes please…) Together with the tea and some lemon slices it’s warm and cozy but still so so potent.

I think the Fairies would approve… and it will help me actually get some sleep tonight because I have a client meeting at 9:30a as the last I heard… The world still turns and super markets still need hand holding…

–Dommy!

6 Likes

You’re gonna need to leave some for tomorrow…

Yes I’m drinking. I dont depend upon government to dictate my life . What’s the big deal