Election night Booze!

We tried the Rock’s Teramana tequila during last night’s show. It is very tasty.

4 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation. I wondered how it was. Curious about the new Tesla Tequila but not willing to invest that much just to try it :wink:

I opened a bottle of Champagne Bourgeois-Diaz “3C” last night.

3 Likes

How was it? I looked it up, I’m intrigued. Lol my mom chose Korbel from Trader Joe’s -it was a lovely evening nonetheless :smiley:

2 Likes

More austere than I was expecting.

1 Like

We went out to eat… MEXICAN FOOD. Wonderful Cocktails at the Tuetano Taqueria Pop Up in the Arts District.

I ran into Trader Joes this morning and the folks were saying how most of the rings yesterday had some sort of bubbly… LOL!!

3 Likes

How did you like Tuetano? I’ve been to the mothership down here and like it quite a bit.

I had to restock

3 Likes

I liked it so much! In our isolation, I am SOOOO behind the cue ball on the Birria game here in L.A. But my mother used to make a great one with 7 bone steak… OMG… You don’t see Birria a lot in the Yucatan but the spirit is there and tbh, with the greasy quesitacos types going on I just had a feeling I was heading into disappointment…

I had yet to try Tuetano at their home base but thankfully they were firing on all cylinders last night! Even though it was a rainy day and it was outside eats (thankfully with a tarp, but my pix had to be blown out completely in PS because of the awful lighting) so many folks showed up too! So Chef Priscilla got a very warm welcome in L.A.!

I loved the Birria… there was an attempt at Cochinita… it was good but a little too ‘clean’ in flavor and concept. A REAL Cochinita taco is as messy as Birria… and since you cook it in a fair amount of fat and collagen Cochinita broth should CLING to everything it touches). My favorite however was her Rajas taco. Just absolutely sublime. In flavors but also how well torched the chiles where. The flesh was bouncy and succulent. Even Hatch chiles rarely come out this good!!! Just amazing.

We got one of everything (Minus the bone marrow… I’m kinda meh on that in generally… give me tendon anyday…) and wished we had gotten two… LOL!!

5 Likes

Agree on the conchinita. She’s one of the few places in SD doing it and while it’s good, it’s not quite there. Birria de res has been around here for a while, mostly flying under the radar to the usual carne asada or al pastor. Between Birriaria Fernandez and Tuetano and Tacos Fitos in Tijuana, Birria has found a home here in SD.

Your photos look delicious :slight_smile:

Waited patiently in the fridge for five days. Opened on Saturday night with our Shake Shack takeout.

5 Likes