ESGV Updates (Rowland Hts., Hacienda Hts., etc.)

And, yes, I realize ipsedixit already mentioned Greedy Cat and Happy Duck House and teriyakichi already mentioned Shanxi Noodle House, I just didn’t realize it last night :slight_smile: Junkabok and XYZ I should have mentioned back in December.

Oh yes, I did forget one. In Yes Plaza (yes, Yes Plaza), the wonderfully named Tomato R+D is gone, replaced by Buccumi Pizzeria and Raw Bar.

J.L., sounds good to me, but I think we have a new leader :wink:

@JThur01, thanks for the updates.

From your comment about a new leader are you saying this new Happy Duck House is the best?

I was gonna try this place but had a change of plans. Sucks because I had an awful meal in Temecula.

I’m always reluctant to use (as TonyC puts it), “(b)est”, but Happy Duck House is pretty impressive. Granted, the SGV isn’t exactly awash with duck houses - let alone top flight ones. I also can’t compare it to the late, lamented Quanjude, which was gone before I got to it.

do you have to order the roast duck in advance at happy duck house, or
can you just drop in and order it there?

thanks.

One hour pre-order is required.

2 Likes

Happy Duck House has many talents beyond just duck. Many.

Like the duck tongue, crab hot pot and (don’t laugh) the chicken soup.

Go for the duck, stay for everything else.

2 Likes

Having just stepped off an 11 day cruise, not so much at the moment. On the other hand, I’m starving for Chinese food.

1 Like

Don’t worry @chandavkl the buffet only has signage up ATM. Basically just a banner hanging outside the building.

Yeah, there’s definitely other things to check out at Happy Duck House. I’ve only got to the duck. ipsedixit. What sets their duck tongues apart from all the other places with duck tongues?

Be very grateful that there was no Norovirus outbreak on-board.

1 Like

Taste

1 Like

Better tasting tongues - the irony.

1 Like

Interestingly, there is indeed lots of iron in duck’s tongue.

2 Likes

This is quickly becoming like shaving Schrödinger’s cat with Occam’s razor.

1 Like

The Noodle almost ready to open in Chino Hills
Lohas in Diamond Bar just opened

Is this the second Lohas in SoCal? If so, interesting location.

Yes.

Paging @chandavkl

The newly opened Sam’s Unique Diner has your name written all over it. Quite unique as the name applies. Made to order beef noodle soup and hot pot. Oddly, it is called a diner but really is a buffet.

Sam’s Unique Diner
4721 Chino Hills Pkwy
Chino Hills, CA 91709