ESGV Updates (Rowland Hts., Hacienda Hts., etc.)

@Bagel I didn’t see your review before heading here tonight, but you nailed it with your review… 'I remember my parents remarking on some innards/liver/blood thing that was cooked very well and much better than other places they’d had. They also seem to cook… cleaner food? Like not as much oil and so on as your typical Chinese restaurant food."

100% agree. That was my exact comment re the hot and spicy duck blood and intestines.

1 Like

Wonde Harbor Dim Sum replaces Pleasure Ocean in Hacienda Heights.

3 Likes

Mom’s Touch now open in City of Industry with some Grand Opening specials

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoS4mO4Jq-9/

3 Likes

Ohmigod, I first read it as “Mom’s Torch,” and, b/c this thread is (understandably) so Chinese-centric, I was totally confused when I clicked on the link and saw a ton of fried chicken…

Heh.

1 Like

There is a Mountain House in Rowland Heights.

I say that because they are kinda of a big deal in Flushing and the East Village.

1 Like

Tams Noodle House at Colima x Nogales. That’s new to me at least

2 Likes

Summerfield. Hot milk tea with boba and grass jelly. This hit the spot. Everyone and their mama is here. Looks like it used to be a Taco Bell or Alberto’s lol

2 Likes

Do you have a boba lightsaber?

4 Likes

Lmao that does look goofy af.

1 Like

Re: Summefield. Replaces Dragonfly Tea Bar in a repurposed, original-style Taco Bell, in the former town of Otterbein.

Is that enough history? :laughing:

1 Like

Szechuan Mountain House’s West Coast debut in Rowland Heights…

2 Likes

I want a Toronto fishmans terrace to open up here that would be amazing

1 Like

I love the name Fishman’s Terrace for two reasons. First of all it seems like it’s a misnamed Fisherman. Secondly the name makes it sound Jewish but the menu is decided un-Kosher.

4 Likes

Tai Ping Sa Choi Kee, Simply Splendid, Burger Box, Spicy Moment and Hunan Restaurant in Rowland Heights all bite the dust and are vacant. Meanwhile Delicious Food corner replaces Blue Skyy, and MBL&Q Chicken Burger replaces Pakwo.

1 Like

Is anyone familiar w/ the NYC location to determine if it warrants the cult-like following?

I never actually been but they are always packed and I always saw people outside at the St Marks location.

I think mapo is the best tofu dish so I am bound to try it soon.

I was hoping some of you bite the bullet and go first

1 Like

Get there early. It gets filled up quickly, at least on Saturdays. Service is good. They serve a small dish of Sichuan pickles with median heat as you just sit down. Based on that, you can ask for hotter or milder version when you order all the dishes. If you have to wait, you can always go eat at EJF.

2 Likes

Another Chinese food invader from New York. MBL&Q Chicken Burgers opens in Rowland Heights in The Pacific Plaza food court. MBL&Q has locations in Flushing, Brooklyn, Staten Island and Philadelphia.

2 Likes

Jiou Chu Dumplings (85c owned) in Yes Plaza.

2 Likes