Events, Party Spaces & Big Restaurants

Hello Food Talkers!

I am tasked with helping a family member setup a surprise birthday party for his lady. Looking for a spot with a lot of space that is young, scene-y with a little swank (no dives) for 40-50 people. I’m looking at Manuela and ERB type places. Can be anywhere from Santa Monica to DTLA. Budget is $5-6K. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

/edit

Sorry I take this suggestion back.

Did I read that Mother Wolf has private rooms?

OpenTable’s list might have some ideas:

https://www.opentable.com/private-dining/?m=6

1 Like

Yes, I think I saw someone post about MW’s event space. They’re so hot right now I’m not sure they’d do it for that budget but I’ll reach out. Thanks for the list.

Sounds like you might benefit from getting a party planner.
I went to a party of a friend of a friend and they used a event space over by Majordomo. They transformed it into a carnival/circus with games, entertainment, full bar, food trucks and snack stations. Let me see if I can find any contacts for you.

Edit:
Event space - The Revelry
Planner - Martha & Co.
Bartender - Crystal Bartenders
Food catered by The Habit and a Columbian food truck
Snacks included popcorn, churros, ice cream bars, and cotton candy

3 Likes

I am the free party planner. :grin: It’s short notice, like two weeks. #youngpeople! That would be awesome but I don’t think we can pull a carnival off in that time.

1 Like

This is great and just what he probably had in mind… if he had come up with it weeks ago! :grin: But I’m going to call them anyway. You never know. Thanks!

2 Likes

Private room at Fogo de Chao?

1 Like

Not sure abut the pricing but Redbird in DTLA has some excellent event space options. On the other end of town, there is the Rose in Venice.

1 Like

Redbird it is a good one. Will reach out. I filled out an inquiry/info form for The Rose and am waiting to hear back. :crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

girl and the :goat: has some swank
hatchet hall

2 Likes

I didn’t try because of the budget, but won’t hurt to try.

1 Like

the youngj like gjelina

1 Like

This is a helpful thread for others who may be looking, so I’ll try to post info as I get it.

First up: Hatchet Hall. They can do it in the Old Man Bar with appetizers, but for that many people in the restaurant it would have to be a buyout on the patio for $16K+. Sounds fair, I guess, just not in the budget… and the Old Man Bar, while cool, isn’t what he had in mind for her.

2 Likes

Will contact Gjelina. Thanks!

1 Like

Fogo de Chao is a good one for his carnivorous Dad and his friends. I’ll keep that in mind. But son is a vegetarian and though he’ll inevitably be paying for meat I don’t want to assault him with it… I’ll save that for Father’s Day. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: He can have the delish salad bar.

3 Likes

Everson Royce Bar! 7th street, DTLA

I reached out to almost every place rec’d on this thread. The places that responded offered buyouts only for $10-20K. We were getting very discouraged. Then Jason at ERB came thru on short notice! He hooked us up w/patio space for 3 hrs, comfortably fitting 38 including chowpups & seniors. No deposit. No Minimum. No Pre-ordering. Eat, drink, have fun! :partying_face:

(internet photo)

There was a lot of food but I was too busy socializing to take a lot of photos. Here’s a few highlights - a mix of recent photos, internet photos and my ERB stock footage. :wink:

Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits + Honey Butter

Always a hit - flaky, crispy, buttery, moist. :hearts:

Single Burger + Kennebec Fries w/Aioli & Ketchup

I got to have my favorite burger in L.A.! Pretty sure it’s half butter. :yum: Fries are pretty perfect too!

Crispy Cauliflower + Sweet & Spicy Chili Sauce

Crispy Tasty.

Barbecued Chicken Thighs w/Aji Panca + Lime

Another must get for me. Smokey, crispy, tender, juicy, heat, lime. So good! :hearts:

Tart - Le Croissant Dore, Westminster

Not sure if they charge a cake cutting fee.

Price came in way under budget (less than $1,900 tip included). Good food, good vibes, fun cocktails, lotsa spirits, tight wine list. Music was 70s R&B/Soul… tunes to singalong with and embarrass the kids by. :blush: Unfortunately, the bocce court is no more, replaced by a wall of two tops - a pandemic casualty. There’s an attached pay parking lot with ample spaces.

18 Likes

:scream:

1 Like

Oh and I forgot to mention @moonboy403, we did go to Fogo de Chao for Father’s Day!

3 Likes