Everything David Chang Ate In The LA area this weekend, and he likes it

Yes!

nice, I wonder what he thought of it. I love Otafuku

This was his last IG post.

Screenshot cuz I donā€™t know how to embed.

Iā€™ll see your 2015 post and raise you a 2013 post:

As for east east. I grew up in the Rancho Cucsmonga and that place is probably next after Rowland Heights.

Am I the only idiot who thinks of Workaholics or Rancho Chupacabra every time I hear that name?

2 Likes

Bugs Bunny (old school one) announced it as a train stop back in the day.

1 Like

Ahhh, I always thought he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

1 Like

every time i hear cucamonga, thatā€™s the voice i hear.

actually, i hear bugsā€™ voice quite a bit on many occasions.

i submit that the changes in the economy in the last decade have had a permanent impact on the level of high end dining weā€™re going to see. there will be plenty of people willing to shell out $ for well prepared food, but theyā€™re less likely to want to pay for the fresh flowers, the huge markup on overpriced wines, what have you.

as for high end chinese dining, it just strikes me as going against the grain culturally,though that might change if we reach critical mass on chinese new money thatā€™s into conspicuous consumption here in the states.

BTW, i respect what chang has accomplished immensely, but FWIW, he also spent something like $100 at kang kang food court at valley and garfield and also loved it. iā€™ll let @TonyC expand on that since heā€™s expressed the most virulent thoughts about kang kang that i can recall.

Did David Chang only just eat salt and pepper smelt for the first time?

Youā€™re light-years ahead of me - I canā€™t even take a screenshot.

Really? If youā€™re being serious, itā€™s shift-command-3 on a Mac and home button + power button on an iPhone.

Iā€™m a PC guy. (But not always politically correct)

Blah! How can I guy w/ such good taste in food use not love the industrial design of Apple products??? :wink:

2 Likes

I love me my ā€œright-clickā€ā€¦

how old are you, man? Apple Mouse has had a right button for over a decade.

1 Like

I was seriously not aware of that.

Oh well, call me a luddite. Hey at least Iā€™m making progress - Iā€™m not using my Commodore 64 anymore. Muchā€¦

(ā€¦ bracing for a hivemind onslaught on my conscious and rational decision to committing the ā€œsinā€ of not keeping up with sorts of latest tech which I frankly donā€™t really need simply because Iā€™m OK with using older stuff which happens to works well in my life)

Iā€™m pretty sure JL is pulling your collective legs.

You have to be tech savvy to upload the pictures he takes. Especially if he is taking it on a separate high quality digital camera.

Iā€™m on to you JL :wink: