Family celebration - Super nice place recommendations

Nephew just passed the bar exam, sister wants to go someplace really nice. No Bestia please, we went recently. Where else? Rustic Canyon? Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge. $$$ is not a consideration. prefer downtown, but anywhere is good. Type of food not important either.
Thanks!

1 Like

Providence
Majordomo
Redbird
Bavel
Osteria Mozza
Chi spacca
Angler
Pasjoli

6 Likes

Gwen
Lucques
Majordomo
Orsa & Winston
Osteria Mozza

Broken Spanish is very casual, great food but not what I would call super nice for a celebration a la Providence, Majordomo, or Osteria Mozza.

I have similar reservations about Chi Spacca, it’s one of my favorite places in LA but it’s a bit crowded and noisy, really all about the food.

Redbird’s dining room might be the prettiest in LA but is the food all that? I’ve only had drinks at the bar.

1 Like

Manuela has good food, and each table has lots of space. A great choice for a celebratory dinner, plus you can see art and chickens!

1 Like

Oh, maybe:

1 Like

Dear johns is awesome but a little throwback and could be deemed basic plus not downtown.

I would recommend majordomo if Bestia is out for downtown!

1 Like

Thanks everyone. I sent these to my sister so she could choose.

I just went back to Bavel after some almost a year. It’s just so damn good.
LOUD AF, but once again every dish we had was a knockout.

1 Like

This is definitely a go early place! I have a high tolerance for loud and crowded but Bavel pushes that almost to club level. Food and service have always been really good tho