Fast Food Thread

Tacobeanmeatstuff™

I’ve commented before that JitB tacos taste eerily like high-school cafeteria tacos, which ALSO taste exactly like the ‘taco meat’ you used to (maybe still do?) find at Sizzler buffets and similar…

I think @robert might have pointed out, it was likely due to a common source, SYSCO:

https://www.jtmfoodgroup.com/uploadIMG/rfUploads/PDFS/Sysco_CasaSolana_BeefTacoMeat_POS_1220.pdf

3 Likes

Lol love the little thing of Maldon Salt. Fancy!

1 Like

I have a similar one but with Jacobsen sea salt! Love it

1 Like

So cute and handy. Where do you get them?

1 Like

I got it at farmshop

2 Likes

McDs not doing all day breakfast certainly is an obstacle. You can hit up Jack in the Box for the hashbrown.

But here is a daily deal in the Mcd app right now…

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/filet-o-hashbrown/685

1 Like

Omg inflation

1 Like

GTFO $5 for large fries. Inflation is BS. Lots of companies are making money hand over fist, paying out huge bonuses and buying back a ton of stock.

1 Like

At Sonic today

1 Like

That is one of those items were you see extremes. There’s a McDonald’s kind of near me that’s $3.70 for a large and then there’s another one 1/2 mile from that one that is $5.

Crazy.

For your FOF or you can make a Pancake Filet O Hashbrown

Fwiw Wendy’s has really upped their fry game and the Dave’s famous is actually pretty good for what it is. It’s the best fast food burger available nationwide imo.

1 Like

That’s why I gave in and put the McDonald’s app on my phone. $1 large fries deal is available most of the time.

2 Likes

I had a hankering for fresh seafood that tasted like it was fresh from the dock. So I went to Arby’s lol .

I had heard from various confidential sources that the fish sandwich was really good. They have a spicy one with jalapeños, and you can get it in a 2/$6 mix-and-match deal.

Got to say, this was pretty damn good. I think my favorite may be Popeyes Cajun Flounder, but this one was right up there. Really thick, the batter/coating on the outside was super thin yet very crispy and the fish was thick and hot.

My “spicy” sandwich though had no heat, I did not get any jalapeños for whatever reason, and the sauce had no heat at all. But I didn’t care. It was definitely one of the better fast food offerings.

Sorry for the really lame photo. Unfortunately I did not have professional lighting.

10 Likes

At least it’s as wide as advertised on tv.

4 Likes

Szechuan sauce available at McDs until 4/4 or while supplies last. Guava pies are back too at some locations.

1 Like

Is the Szechuan sauce any good?

It has kind of a sweet/sour + soy sauce flavor. Some people say it’s like teriyaki. I think it’s worth trying.

1 Like

Large fries are now $5.19 at my local McD.

3 Likes