Fast Food Thread

Oh wow I had no idea let me do some research on that if that’s still their stance I will definitely be boycotting.

The two new items are available now, but only as part of a two-week limited test run (while supplies last) at just one Taco Bell location: 2222 Barranca Pkwy, Irvine, California.

4 Likes

Fuck I love Cheez-Its

4 Likes

That Taco Bell is near their corporate headquarters but is in an area that seems an unlikely choice as a national barometer.

1 Like

National Fried Chicken Day

Get a 10-piece Chickenjoy bucket for $10. Use code NFCD10.

Online orders only, July 6th - 12th.

6 Likes

Bastards :wink:

3 Likes

App wouldn’t let me place orders yesterday at my location. Finally got it to work today after scheduling a future pickup and trying different times :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Today only!

4 Likes

Wendy’s. Between Prime Pizza’s deals and National French Fry day… ugh.

2 Likes

2 for $5 quarter pounders at McDs today on the app, and you can choose double patty quarter pounders with bacon or veggies (deluxe)

3 Likes

Wow, I I did not know you could get doubles for the same price or bacon. Wow great deal. I already ate but I grabbed two Bacon Double QPCs and stuck them in the fridge.

Edit: I forgot to say “thank you, @Yoda !!” So, THANK YOU!

3 Likes

Adding to my slagging of Raising Cane’s comes this little news item:

You know, because throwing away a few hundred thousand on publicity stunt rather than giving his workers a living wage is MUCH more business-savvy.

6 Likes

I said pretty much exactly this on another site. And I’m apparently the only one there who doesn’t think this is a cute, fun idea that will give the employees joy.

2 Likes

In hospitals we get pizza parties, and nurse appreciation week we get a tshirt, yay. Another time they gave us a healthcare hero toy. Hospital administration basically treats you like a child. Paying an employee more is the last thing they want to do.

My last hospital I worked at an unspoken tradition was the oncoming 2300 attending physician usually fed the hungry and hard working residents, nurses, techs, registration, environment services, and security in our unit. Sometimes it was homemade. Sometimes it was fast food. Sometimes it was healthy. Sometimes it was baked goods. That is a nice gesture I thought. Leaders eat last. Making an impromptu Raising Canes chicken sandwich with a few cuties hits the damn spot! Another attending God bless her sweet heart bought everyone InNOut. She must have called in that large order ahead of time. We had to get one of our techs to use a stocking cart to bring that in. It’s means more coming from our own than a pity pizza party.

I get the business side and the importance of making profits. Some of these bonuses that hospitals CEO’s, CNO’s, CMO’s and other high level administration make…….easily more than multiple employee salaries and that’s being conservative. Bonuses are usually based on the metrics and off the backs of physicians, residents (I am glad they joined the union!), nurses, techs, and ancillary staff.

The one good thing the pandemic shown to healthcare workers is there is other positions in healthcare, other jobs/professions out there non-healthcare related, going back to school, working from home, doing the travel thing, staring a business, etc. I feel for the young residents they might be too far in the game to back out like $500,000 I’m debt. Some work inhumane hours in the intensive care units making critical life or death decisions on zero sleep. Thankfully I heard they unionized. A shortage of doctors and nurses is very real. Younger generation may see a work from home option as ideal or getting into tech. Why work long hours and work with sick people when I can work in my underwear at home and snack on Cheetos and make 6 figures lol

I miss those late night Del Taco! Bean and cheese burrito with El Scorcho gives you energy! I try to avoid most fast food, but on some work days it hits perfect.

Showing employee appreciation. It doesn’t have to always be monetary. I think gestures are more important because leadership is action. But there is a famous line from a movie

F You Pay Me!

Sorry for the rant

13 Likes

Thank you for all you do! After spending the week at Hoag last week, I’m more than ever convinced that nurses are not paid nearly enough. Y’all should be sainted. My wife works in healthcare staffing (travel nurses) and has the same sentiment. You deserve more money AND the appreciation AND the other perks!

6 Likes

My wifey is a pediatric CTICU nurse, well now she’s an APRN, but she has echoed your feelings often.

She worked at a big name hospital here and nurses week one person got a gift card and the rest got nada. Didn’t do anything special.

I baked once a week for them, patients’ parents would bring in food for everyone in her unit and yes, some of the doctors did impromptu things.

Management…. Crickets.

6 Likes

THIS. The mass corporatization of American medicine within the past decade is still evolving, and certainly deserves its own thread (hell, a whole discussion board even). But alas, FTC is a food site, and not the best forum for such conversation. I’d be glad to break some bread and talk about it IRL with you one of these days.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Do they also get lottery tickets?

2 Likes

Re the lottery I’ve long heard that your chances of winning are about the same whether you play or not :slight_smile:

3 Likes