Father's Office (Arts District): A Pictorial Essay

The Arts District now hosts the third (and newest) location of Father’s Office. Having just opened earlier this week, the house was about three-quarters full when I went last evening. And this was impressive because size-wise, according to the staff there, this FO location is twice as large as the FO Helms location! The bar length is considerable. There is also nice large private room/area built out for gatherings.

For now, the menu (both food and drink) are pretty much identical to its two sister FO locations, BUT there are future plans to add menu items specific to the Arts District location.

The FO Burger with fries: The litmus test to see if this FO location is up to snuff… And indeed, it was! Really damn great burger. The FO Burger here tastes as delicious as the helms location.

Pliny the Elder on tap…

Sang is in da house…

No Toto…
#bringyourownwashletcover

Bottom line: It is exactly what you’d expect in a marriage of Father’s Office and the Arts District. And once word gets out, it’ll probably be mobbed. The parking situation reflects the usual Arts District hit-or-miss craziness. No afternoon hours yet (currently, it opens at 5pm), but this too will likely change in due course.

RECOMMENDED.

Father Office
905 E. 2nd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
(310) 736-2224
fathersoffice.com/location/downtown-la/

Post-dinner bang-bang: Walked over to Salt & Straw for some Roasted Strawberry & Toasted White Chocolate. Sweet…

15 Likes

thanks for the review, i thought that space was supposed to go to The Girl and the Goat? anyways, glad the burger is still good at the new location. I think you can count on Sang to deliver consistency.

1 Like

ya think? I thought FO is always an evening-only affair?

Waiting for someone to wear this t-shirt at FO…

Naw, man. The mid-afternoon is my favorite timeslot at the FO Helms location to grab a burger, a brew, and watch squint at the game (on their small, mini-flat screen TV).

6 Likes

Cool.
Friday- Sun open at noon!
I never knew that.

Girl and the Goat is opening up in At Mateo complex. You scared me for a second.

2 Likes

Ssssh it’s also the best time to get seating hassle free.

Ps. Love the smoked eel salad

1 Like

Wait what? She’s moving into LA too? I went to Girl and the Goat last night! :goat:

2 Likes

Arts District. Supposed to be open in the Spring.

So rare burgers are the norm at F.O.? Or is doneness something you can customize?

1 Like

No you get the burger cooked how you like. My experience is that they are usually spot on their temps. I order mid rare, and it’s so unusual to get it cooked that way. But they are one of one’s that do

1 Like

Absolutely customizable.

What a good auditor you would make! I can’t remember what I ate 2 days ago, 2018 is not in my memory banks.

2 Likes

We must all strive to FTC harder.

2 Likes

A sharp mind is one of the benefits of not drinking alcohol.

2 Likes

I would so love to have the balls to wear that t-shirt!

Congrats on quitting

1 Like

Oh stop. You know me better than that.

1 Like