Father's Office Heads to Downtown L.A.!

Per Eater, looks like Father’s Office is opening a new branch in Downtown, end of the year!

3 Likes

AKA money printing press.

3 Likes

I don’t t even bother with the one in my neighborhood. I’ve never eaten anything there I thought was interesting or special, it’s a boring crowd, and the bartenders are dicks.

1 Like

End of the year is a very ambitious timeline.

I was there years ago . I felt the same . Food , meh . Beers , BFD .

Father’s Office is good for what it is - a gastropub. Sure, that may entail some mild nuisances, but the food is pretty good, if (predictably) rich. It’s the crowd in recent years that was a big turnoff for me, but I’d return for an off-hour weekend lunch if I’m passing by.

Indeed. But can you imagine if they put it closer to all the law and accounting firms? It would be the de facto corporate happy hour hot spot.

1 Like

Santa Monica location is eh…I do like the Culver City one though not gonna lie, nice spot.

It s a nice setup, I agree. A pretty space. The patio is great on warm summer evenings. Which is why I still join friends there occasionally for a drink and French fries.

1 Like

Fundamental LA is heading downtown too!

1 Like

Do you smuggle in your own ketchup? I like dipping my fries into a hot sauce ketchup mix. Not being able to do that lessens the experience for me.

Yes. These little bottles are perfect, because you can dip right into the bottle, instead of having to squirt McDonald’s packets all over your plate.

When traveling, I always ask room service for extra ketchup. This is especially fun to request when ordering a steak or scrambled eggs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Achtung! The Sang Yoon secret ketchup enforcement police force may be watching… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Those wide mouth bottles are great! I used to keep multiple small bottles of different hot sauces at my desk drawer, got to the point, co-workers would ask to try the varieties.

1 Like

lol I’ll take 3 or 4 of the aioli myself. Although who am I kidding I’m probably getting the smoked eel and steak tartare and not the fries.

So funny because I literally chatted with Sang two weeks ago for over an hour and specifically asked if he was planning another restaurant…didn’t mention this. I should’ve pressed the question.

Did you ask him what ever happened to his partnership with Sherry Yard? Weren’t they going to open up a desert place in CC and she even had a pop up truck at the Helms center for a couple weeks. IIRC

1 Like

The price of freedom fries and ketchup is eternal vigilance.

2 Likes

HA!! I horde them at conferences for my offices… But for FO, you can swipe these from Chick Fila and various fastfood places:

http://www.heinzdipandsqueeze.com/

–Dommy!

2 Likes

I love these ketchup packets because you can squeeze them out or dip in them directly. I always ask for a couple extra at the drive thru!

He just helped get the construction running. He’s not involved with it at all beyond that.