Favorite Chicken Wings

This is the best type of wing couple lol!

4 Likes

I feel like LA sadly isn’t really a wing town. The Doughroom has pretty good wings. They are breaded, but they are tasty. Not my picture: https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/the-doughroom-los-angeles?select=adPGey6O2bBBF8nLQ3fLcw.

1 Like

Furaibo Tebasaki wings

2 Likes

A classic. So good

And congratulations to the Samurai Blue!!

3 Likes

What’s missing (mean this genuinely I’m curious)? To me LA feels like not a wings town but with really good wings…

I’m not a big wings guy but the depth of Korean options for example is pretty awesome.

3 Likes

I love wings but its ridiculous how expensive they are now. I remember when my local Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck aka BW’s used to have 10cent wing tuesday. That was the best!

1 Like

Good point. I was thinking buffalo wings, but you’re right regarding Japanese and Korean (and presumably other) styles.

1 Like

OB Bear is alive and well…sort of.

They took over the kitchen at Star Night in Ktown. Same menu, different vibe.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I need to get there.

Wings are definitely more expensive than before. Supply chain and all that. I’ll also say that there’s so much more demand for them like other former “cheap cuts”, short rib and oxtail. Thighs aren’t as comparably cheap to breast as they used to be and I think beef cheeks are headed for higher prices as well.

I’ve heard Greyhound Bar and Grill has pretty good wings. Trying them later tonight.
I’m partial to Highland Park Brewery’s wings, very big so expect a wait.
Had Night + Market Weho’s party wings recently and thought they we very tasty!
Used to be a huge fan of WingStop’s garlic parmesan wings. Quality became wildly inconsistent from location to location so not worth trying anymore.

Also, #teamflats.

5 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

2 Likes

This is fantastic, thanks for the greetings, I’ve been a member for a very long time, back to Chowhound days.
To color this even more, I was also curious if anyone really favorites a chain like WingStop, or BWW, etc.
Reason I posted this is because I know SO little about where to go for great wings, and I really enjoy them.

5 Likes

I will definitely eat some bw3s hot, spicy garlic, and sour cream wedges. Won’t seek it out but that’s definitely some enjoyable eating.

We do deep fried turkey wings to serve along side our (left-over) turkey gumbo.
Now that’s a BIG fucking wing.
Just sprinkle some Tony’s Creole seasoning Original Creole Seasoning - Tony Chachere's on and throw them in the deep fryer for 11 minutes.

We have done buffalo turkey wings too, but they are really hard to eat without making a compete mess.

3 Likes

I’ve not been to Furaibo (too much of a drive from Pasadena and I never tried the Little Tokyo location while it was there), but I would give my left arm for some good Nagoya tebasaki. Does anyone have suggestions? I’m not generally into wings so don’t know what these different places are like (and I don’t care for drummettes)…If only Yamachan would open a location near me!!