Favorite instant noodles?

Not really on topic, but in my limited (Momofuku 3X, Momofuku Noodle Bar 1X) David Chang’s restaurants have never done it for me.

Majordomo’s one of my favorite restaurants and I love their pasta with chickpea miso.

Good to know. If I’m ever in Vegas. Which is doubtful, since I feel I’ve done my time there.

I haven’t been to that one, I’m talking about the LA original.

Oh. Well, it’s more likely I’d be in LA. But I was just there, so not soon.

Its’s a complete waste of money but I got 3 packets of 5 with different flavors thinking that Dave Chang’s stuff can’t be too bad. WRONG.

Absolutely the worse instant noodle I’ve had. 0 bite to the noodle and the accompanied sauce is meh. You might as well mix your own soy sauce with a few drops of sesame. :poop:

Paging @PorkyBelly. Have you eaten your Momokufu instant noodle yet?

4 Likes

I didn’t hate them, but yeah, they are pretty bland and the sauce tasted like nothing. I added lots of toppings and that helped quite a bit.

5 Likes

That’s the problem. A good instant noodle should be able to stand on its own with its MSG packet.

3 Likes

Totally agree!

2 Likes

Momofuku noodles removed from my shopping list.

3 Likes

I wasn’t mad, just disappointed.

1 Like

was gifted a bag, now i’m curious to see how bad it is…

1 Like

I had a tough time finding the A-Sha Chili Hakka Flat Noodles. I drove around with no luck at 99-Ranch, Tuan Phat, Zion, or HMart.

Then I looked online and it seems this version of A-Sha noodles has been discontinued. None of the local Target stores had them in stock either, so at least I saved a trip there.

But they did have them at World Market. The closest World Market is a 30 mile round trip from my house, which is about how many miles I get per gallon of gas, which is over $6. Shipping by World Market was $5. So…

1 Like

Maybe just the 12-pack was discontinued. Here’s a current listing on E-Bay:

My wife bought these for my daughter. Hello Kitty. Not thick cut though.

1 Like

Yeah, the other varieties of noodles from A-Sha were readily available. It was just the Hakka ones, which is what I wanted to try.

Lol I thought of him and his intense dislike of the Momofuku Noodles when I saw the original not Threat or Menace Instant Noodle thread. I’m more with @thechez5 - they’re kinda bland but I don’t hate them. They work in a quick pinch with some good toppings.

Ground Chicken w/Soy Paste, Soybean Sauce & Fly By Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp on Momofuku Soy Scallion Noodles.

Accompanied by Smacked Cucumbers

Satisfyingly quick meal.

6 Likes

Ditto. The noodles themselves are good. I would always add some stuff anyways. Leftover protein, soft egg, scallions, chili crunch, bean sprouts, etc…

Those pickles look good. I am very lazy and haven’t tried making cucumbers in a while even though my kids love them.

5 Likes

the momo noodles definitely need some msg which is ironic since dc is such an msg proponent. I wonder if he got pressured to try and make them “healthier” :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes