Favorites at Trader Joe's?

what a boss, great protip. your slices look great, way better than mine :smiley:

3 Likes

Seemed kind of wrong to celebrate Pi Day with a rectangular pizza, but this Organic Cheese & Tomato seemed like the best bet among what they had. Good flavor but I overcooked it, turned out like a crunchy cracker. The instructions say 12-15 minutes so I set the timer for 15 but it would probably have been better at 12.

I know margins on pizza are good but it seems incredible that they can import an organic, handmade, wood-fired pizza from Italy and price it at $6.

3 Likes

I saw a video recently that explained the Trader Joes does business in Europe in Euros and they pay upfront. So that gives it a bit more bargaining power when it comes to ease of doing business and profit for the manufacturer. When I was in CPG, this was not the case with us and most retailers we did business with. Like most of the bigguns, we had completely different product lines and production sites. One time I came to the office at our Petcare site and saw palettes upon palettes of our candies on our loading docks.

A real huge retailer, which you can probably guess which, had decided they no longer had the space in their warehouse for the product and just sent it back to the closest facility they could. They got a full refund and The 99 got an excellent deal that day and picked up two hours later. So many stories like this across retailers. TJs wasn’t a total joy to deal with either… but I can see how their strategy works very well for them and their partners.

3 Likes

= consumer products group?

Close! Consumer Packaged Goods. Basically anything you can get at Ralph’s.

1 Like

These were both very good, better than the rectangular one. How can they make money selling these for under $5? Highly recommended.

5 Likes

The top one looks pretty good for frozen pizza. Better than the version we’ve tried at Whole Foods.

2 Likes

LOL. We’ve been hooked on their Harvest Grains for years. I frequently worry. Used to try to keep six bags on hand. You’ve made me nervous again.

1 Like

Patio Chips are back.

Salt and vinegar, bbq, dill, and ketchup all in one bag!

4 Likes

Is that the same flavor as all dressed?

Nope they are individual chips with either of those 4 flavors. Think a more sophisticated Munchies (Doritos, Sun, Cheetos, pretzels). For the record I do like Munchies.

I do like all dressed chips!

4 Likes

Oh darn I thought they were all dressed.

That’s interesting though I will check them out!

1 Like

I am with you. All dressed is one of my favorite chip flavors. It’s just not popular in CA. My friend says they are all over Maine. I seen them in Upstate NY and parts of PA. Any of the border states is going to have them readily available.

I think Zapps Voodoo is kinda close and scratches the itch. Voodoo chips are also one of my favs

3 Likes

Yeah every time I go to Canada or my cousins come to visit they bring me alll dressed. I’ll look into these zapps

2 Likes

Just tried the strawberry lemonade popsicles and they are a miss. Lotta ice, not a lotta flavor

2 Likes

Okay, I totally missed this part of the thread. What does “all dressed” taste like???

1 Like

It’s a combination of barbecue, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, and ketchup flavorings, or something like that.

I’ll bet you can eat just one.

1 Like

Zapps Voodoo is kinda sorta like all dressed

1 Like

Up until a couple of years ago (IIRC), we used to be able to get “All Dressed” Ruffles here in the southwest, but no longer. I liked 'em. Zapps Voodoo are sorta like that, but more vinegary.

1 Like