Favorites at Trader Joe's?

That’s what we do. :slight_smile:

Tried a new product for lunch: Roasted Garlic and Pesto Pizza with Deep Fried Crust. I’m torn. Cooked up beautifully in my toaster oven and the flavors of the cheese and pesto were deliciously creamy with the right balance of salt. The crust was good and flavorful, crisp on the outside and tender inside, but I think I might not be a fried pizza person. Glad I tried it, and if you’re a fan of pizza and fried foods, this could be a match made in heaven. $5.99 in the frozen section.

7 Likes

This. I love the names, labels, descriptions and the idea of TJ’s prepared foods… then I read the sodium count on the back and it brings me back down to earth.

1 Like

With that said these look pretty interesting. :blush:

Trader Joes… How I have missed you… Once I feel safe enough to go out back into the wild… this will be my first purchase at Trader Joes!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKAjwu4nyJV/

2 Likes

We had this tonight and thought it was really good. I had to go back and check the box when I read your post saying the crust was fried. It sure didn’t taste fried but it WAS thick and chewier than any frozen boxed pizza I can recall… but in a good way. I added sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, grated Parmesan and a bit of garlic oil because I’m a tinkerer. We’ll definitely do this again.

4 Likes

Chilli spiced mangoes! I am hooked on these

The new chilli spiced pineapple is also really good.

4 Likes

Ummm dude this Pancake Bread is so awesome

1 Like

I had to do it… Buy the new Kibbehs they are selling at Trader Joes…

My last restaurant experience with Kibbehs had them serve them to make… frozen in the middle! UGH!!! To say it was disappointing… wasn’t even the half of it… so I was like… how much worse could the TJ’s one be?!?

Actually… the TJ ones were quite good. They were meaty than other frozen ones I’ve tried and the interior was quite flavorful. It’s not as good as the Kibbehs in my favorite place, Open Sesame, but with pickled onions, they certainly hit the spot.

The main disappointment with them is that I think the cooking instructions are a little off. I baked up a whole box, so I didn’t have any more to experiment. Next time I would increase the temperature in hopes for a crisper crust. of course, if you have an Air Fryer, I imagine that would truly be ideal.

4 Likes

I bought some as well (I’m heating up some more for lunch as I write this)— and thought they were pretty tasty for frozen. I cooked them at a slightly higher temp and for longer. They’re a little dry, but some tzadiki solved that! I had it as a sandwich w/ pita, tomato, olives, pepperocini and it was pretty good. I’d def get again

YES! I’m picky about Frozen Food as I worked in the industry and know what is and ISN’T possible… but for convenience, there is always going to be trade offs. Thanks for reporting back on the higher and longer experiment… I can see how this would make lovely Pita Sandwich! Kinda like Meaty Falafel!

exactly (although they’re not that meaty tasting w/ the bulgar and crust)-- it was a tasty alternative to a falafel pita

Any favorite rice varieties at Trader Joe’s? My go-to has been the Brown Rice Medley because it was one of the few kinds that I could successfully cook, but now I have a rice cooker!

Have not visited Trader Joe’s for a while. Some rice varietals to look out for - Jasmine, Basmati, Japanese (Koshihikari, Tamanishiki), Sticky/Glutinous Rice, Carolina Gold Rice

Also this thread comparing different Japanese rice varieties.

Happy Cooking!

1 Like

I like the Basmati a lot. Wasn’t a fan of the Jasmine

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been covered but I bought it yesterday and it’s quite good. The coffee flavor is spot on and the boba gives it a unique and interesting texture.

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing these great resources!

1 Like

Good to know, thanks! I’ll skip their Jasmine.

Frozen jasmine rice is a lifesaver.

takemymoney.gif

8 Likes