Favorites at Trader Joe's?

These chips are great. For some reason they are seasonal. My wife is stocking up on these like nobody’s business.

7 Likes

Really?! I’ll have to check it out. Love chips but I’ve never had anything like that flavor

1 Like

Yes pick them up and let me know what you think. They have great pickle flavor without being puckeringly sour. Hint of dill.

2 Likes

Saw those last wk, and partner gave me sideways look when I implied I might want to try them. Will def need to try them now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That pickle chip looks like a penis

3 Likes

You mean the cartoon of a potato trying to get out of a potato sack?

Pretty elaborate for a TJ package.

These are pretty damn good as a topping/condiment or even a snack.

Anyone try the Taiwanese Green Onion Pancake? I got the pa jeon in my freezer now if I don’t want to drive out to Fort Lee or Flushing/Bayside

8 Likes

Haven’t had the green onion pancake but the pa jeon is pretty good. Just remember to pan sear it extra crispy

3 Likes

Been throwing the crispy jalapeno pieces as topping on our chili and mac n cheese for a few months. Excellent stuff.

5 Likes

Really enjoy the Jalapeno pieces, especially in a salad with creamy ranch dressing… Hubs thinks they are weird because the heat hits you WAY in the back… But he wants to eat them like chips… LOL! They also make an EXCELLENT Chili Dog topping…

I haven’t tried them, but I keep hearing good things about the Taiwanese Pancake. I was not a huge fan of the Pa Jeon… I found it bland and could not get it super crispy. I hear they work better in an air fryer…

5 Likes

Haven’t tried the chocolate hummus. It just seems wrong.

1 Like

I can see it, chocolate and Tahini is a good combo. Maybe as a breakfast spread? I’d try it anyway.

I’ve had the supermarket brand Sabra chocolate hummus. I was pleasantly surprised! It will scratch that chocolate itch.

1 Like

Vegans who don’t eat gluten have limited dessert choices?

It’s not really hummus since it has no garlic or lemon juice.

I kinda like the curry chicken salad

1 Like

So I got a major Beef Roll craving and decided to buy the Scallion Pancakes…

They are GREAT!!! I didn’t realize they came RAW. So you finish them on the griddle or pan with a TOUCH of Sesame oil (Or any other oil you want to use).

They are a bit small for an actual scallion roll… so I made Scallion Tacos!

As you can see… they got nice and crackly. Super crisp and there was also plenty of scallion flavor! I served one to someone who has never had a scallion pancake and he loved it! Will be making the rest as an accompaniment to Kema Curry.

–Dommy!

10 Likes

Great packaging on the scallion pancakes. Excellent product but agree they are kinda small. We will never make them from scratch again.

3 Likes

Are these the pancakes you’re referring to? Our TJs has had two different ones but these are newer I think. The other ones were pre-cooked, thicker and pretty greasy IMHO. These are much better but ARE raw. I found out the hard way that you need to cook directly from frozen as they thaw pretty quickly and will tear and/or stick to your pan if frying.

3 Likes

I tried those once and that was it — but if you and Dommy are giving these new pancakes the thumbs up, I’ll have to pick up a package on my next TJs run.

2 Likes

YEP! The others I mentioned above are the Pa Jeon… Not only were they greasy… but they also were pretty bland. I imagine they are much better in the air fryer.

And yes, most of types of items do best straight from the freezer to the oven/pan. In fact, one of the best tips I’ve gotten here was for items in the oven… have the pan in with the preheat. Thanks @foodshutterbug!!

3 Likes