Felix - Venice

For what it’s worth, I went on Thursday (I think a reservation must have opened up thanks to the Dodger game being concurrent) and had no issues with the service. Well-paced, attentive, and good wine advice.

sfincione - focaccia siciliana, rosemary, sea salt, olive oil
fabulous, fantastic, focaccia

panzanella - market vegetables, burrata pugliese, pane fritto
highlight of the night. perfect balance of salt, fat, and acid.

casulli ai ricci di mare - sea urchin, garlic, peperoncino, parsley
pasta was good, but the uni was pretty pitiful.

gnocchi di patate - oxtail ragu, pecorino romano
As @Chowseeker1999 experienced this was sadly saltier than @linus after returning from 12 months at sea. And yes Sergio was in the house.

gelato al pistacchio - bronte pistachio gelato
The gelato was extremely thick and nutty, like a pistacchio caulk. I actually would have preferred it to be a bit sweeter.

sergio

9 Likes

How is the gelato compared to Bulgarini?

gelato
bulgarini > felix

focaccia
felix > bulgarini

1 Like

Thanks for the report @PorkyBelly. Bummer about the pastas. :frowning: Definitely saltier (some of them), and that uni one looks sad.

1 Like

suppli alla romana - rice croquettes, fior di latte, guanciale, pomodoro
like a rice-y mozzarella stick, tasty but not as good as the ones i had at che fico.

black truffles flown in from france
First you get the truffles, then you get the power…

then you get the women

(special) tonnarelli alla norcina - sausage, black truffle
Fantastic dish, so rich and black a kardashian tried to marry it. The pasta was earthy, rich, creamy, porky, not too salty, and with enough truffles to last until the last bite.

(new) frutti di mare all’acqua pazza - diver scallops, blue prawns, striped bass, calamari, manila clams
Each component of this dish was cooked separately and you could tell, each item was the perfect doneness. Even the striped bass had beautifully crisped skin. The broth was flavorful but a bit salty.

18 Likes

I’m going back as soon as I can. Both dishes look incredible.

2 Likes

any recommendations on what to get at Felix for a group of 4 with healthy appetites? Going there tonight.

thanks

focaccia
anything with burrata
i had the blue prawns a couple weeks ago and they were excellent
diavola pizza
squash blossoms
tonnarelli alla norcina with black truffle (off-menu special)
orecchiette
frutti di mare all’acqua pazza
ribeye cap
budino

bring some iv fluids because the food can get very salty.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BujjO3PHiok/

5 Likes

Actually IV fluids can have varying degrees of salinity in and of themselves. Just down water at Felix to maintain osmotic homeostasis.

2 Likes

And have some potassium rich foods afterwards along with the water…and pretty much for the next few days

Did I make the wrong choice to go there next month? :thinking:

Not to me. I think it is great.

1 Like

How do you feel about their salt level?

fine - the aqua pazzo was the saltiest thing I recall on my last visit and it was great.

Any recs/must get for two?

Many of what I consider to be Felix’s greatest hits. I am also a big fan of the stranglopreti (spinach and cheese dumplings browned in butter and sage) and the rucola salad. I am partial to the polpette with that wonderful salsa verde but know that the crisper texture on the meatballs is not to everyone’s taste. Note that the sfincione (focaccia) often sells out so it might be worth calling to reserve one ahead of time if you have a later evening reservation.

1 Like

Why potassium?

#BecauseSalt

I can take that reservation off your hands if you’re having second thoughts #fuckhypertension

4 Likes