Filet o Hashbrown

Free medium fry Fridays and $2 FoF Fridays = 2 FoF’s, 1 med fry, 1 hashbrown for < $7.

2 Likes

I’m Lovin It ™️

I can’t believe they get $2 for 1 hash brown.

the medium fry is almost $4 now too.

Damn!

I need to have a tiny personal freezer installed in my car and a deep fryer installed in the center console.

Fry up my own goodies.

2 Likes

i had 2 fof’s for $4 today (mcd’s on irwindale/arrow hwy) sans pomme de terre que ce soit and i was pretty happy. but it helps if you get them and eat them immédiatement. the fish needs to still be hot, yet juicy. and it was.

2 Likes

Speaking of the McDonald’s app, McDonald’s is giving everyone a free Egg McMuffin on Monday…

1 Like

The breakfast wars with Wendy’s are heating up!

if only i got up that early.

and had a smart phone.

5 Likes

When I see @secretasianman I picture a man with lots of high-tech gadgets.

But I guess the “secret” part actually means “off the grid” ??

2 Likes

with all the grief i get for pic quality i figured it’d be obvious i don’t have a smart phone.

secretasianman comes from a former partnership i had with a korean guy. we used to run a ballroom dance in the valley and we’ve both done some TV work dancing as well as DJ-ing at various dance venues in LA. we decided to call ourselves the secret asian men and i designed the logo which i now use as an avatar. the entire logo actually looks like this:

LOGO-SAM-BIGGER-150

and we also had t-shirts made.

with
“secret
asian
men”

printed on the back.

but yeah, secret asian man evolved to reflect a state of mind. in mainstream media, asian men fall into one of following (sometimes overlapping) categories:

1. grocer who doesn’t speak “engrish” FOOD CONTENT: (and that’s “fried rice” you stupid plick!)
  2. martial artist/yakusa/tong member/spy
  3. pursuer of an alternative lifestyle
  4. geeky lab tech type

the rest of us hide in plain sight in american society, we are the secret asian men. i am proud to point out that a good friend wrote for the short lived soap “sunset beach” (the only soap to cast asian americans, BTW), the point being that when they decided to write out kelly hu, marrying her off to a man her parents from HK chose for her, my friend told me he had me in mind when he lobbied for the character wei-li young to deviate from the stereotypical overseas geek and instead be this good looking urbane renaissance man who spoke five languages, etc. who ended up winning her heart from the good looking blonde surfer dude she was living with. not surprisingly, sunset beach lasted a little less than 3 years.

8 Likes

Fascinating, but why don’t you have a phone? Do they even make non-smart phones anymore?

1 Like

i think i’ve had this phone for about 4 years so i’m due an upgrade. i choose not to have a smart phone so i have plausible deniability in terms of responding to FB msgs, emails, etc. when i’m not in front of a computer. personally, i consider it rude to be using a phone during meals, etc. but just about everyone seems to do so nowadays,

2 Likes

And all this time I thought it was a tribute to Johnny Rivers and Patrick McGoohan,

3 Likes

Me too… kinda’ like a double entendre. I had no idea it was that planned or thought-out. But! the name and logo, @secretasianman, is one of my favorites on FTC.

2 Likes

i actually met johnny rivers’ ex a while back when a friend emceeing an event referred to me as the secret asian man. she sought me out and told me she was going to contact the ex and persuade him to do a photo op but it never panned out. that would have been so cool hearing him sing “secret asian man”.

4 Likes

Not sure how many healthcare workers and first responders are on here (thank you for keeping us safe), but you can get a free meal at McDonalds thru May 5 and it looks like the filet o hashbrown may qualify.

6 Likes

hmmmmm :thinking:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFNBDq5lFyO/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

4 Likes

Wowww that is lame!

1 Like

Somebody should insta seriouseats back that this is seriously old news.

4 Likes

Done.

3 Likes