Flamin' Hot whatevers

I’d never tasted any of these, so my curiosity led to a virtual Costco moment.

Interesting, but I like regular Fritos way better than any of these.

2 Likes

I agree.

I do kinda like the Funyuns.

But DEFINITELY DO like the Flamin’ Hot Nacho flavored Doritos and the Flamin Hot Lime And Chili Doritos.

Today, I saw these…

so I had to. Franks Red Hot Flavor. Gotta admit… I liked them.

1 Like

I love spicy, but I’ve never been a huge fan of the Flamin’ Hot line. I might have to try the Funyuns, though.

I will definitely have to try these.

1 Like

Speaking of virtual Costco moments. I don’t know what I’m going to do with a gallon of this stuff.

https://www.costco.com/frank’s-redhot-original-cayenne-pepper-sauce%2C-1-gal.product.100410283.html

1 Like

LOL!

Crack sauce and buffalo wings.

Mix it into the 200 pounds of Costco butter.

1 Like

I heard about Frank’s from a professional competitive fisherman from Louisiana I met in Vermont last year. If I remember right his marinade recipe is half Frank’s and half melted butter. Then you dredge the fish in cornmeal and pan-fry.

Isn’t Frank’s and melted butter the basic sauce for Buffalo wings?

2 Likes

That would explain why Costco sells it by the gallon.

Yup

I was interested to learn that Frank’s was from Buffalo because the flavor reminded me so much of Louisiana style hot sauces.

2 Likes

Their web site says it’s from New Iberia, Louisiana.

Wow, now I’m all tangled up.

And the “crack sauce” I refer to is lots of places, like Orleans & York here in LA, serve a butter/franks red hot sauce to dip your fried fish and shrimp. Unlike buffalo wing sauce this is probably like 75/25 butter to hot sauce.

1 Like