Franklin BBQ (Austin, TX) - Brisket

Excellent brisket. Structured yet soft and jiggly.

Pro-tip warm it a bit longer than the recommended 75min @ 225F. I think maybe 90-95 mins instead.
It’s crucial for the fat properly to be properly warmed up for optimal enjoyment.

For bark aficionados, it is more prominent vs Snow’s. Although a bit too aggressively seasoned IMO, could probably take it down a few notches. I think Snow’s might be a touch more moist.

Can’t go wrong with either although Snow’s offers a more compelling QPR.

Upside of Covid. Home delivery option from all these legendary places.

Need to rewatch Franklin’s carving video again. Think I messed up by not carving against the grain on the moist end.

6 Likes

Franklin’s sold out on Goldbelly. Any tips?

https://www.goldbelly.com/franklin-barbecue/whole-brisket-texas-bbq-sauce?search_id=30733271&ref=search

I think you just have to check frequently. I manage to get the batch when delivery was initially announced a couple weeks ago.

I keep checking back and it’s always sold out. Now it also seems to be broken. I’m curious about that cake-pie hybrid.

That cake/pie looks good

@robert @PorkyBelly available now

2 Likes

Already sold out. I snoozed, I losed.

Finally got an order in. Looking forward to trying it in early February.

1 Like

:+1:t6:

Does it seem right that Goldbelly would charge me in December for an order that’s not going to be fulfilled until February?

1 Like

Might have something to do with them trying to close the books on 2020? Not that that is correct, but maybe that is the way they handle their books…

I don’t think it had anything to do with the books. They just billed as soon as I placed the order. Normally retailers don’t bill anything on back-order until the order is fulfilled.

Ok. Was just a guess…

Whole brisket supposed to arrive tomorrow.

I see there are instructions in one of Sgee’s photos.

1 Like

Heated Snow’s (which did not come with instructions) @ 300F for 1 hour sealed in foil. Worked out perfectly.

I forget if I used foil or not but the 225F for 75mins per Franklin’s instructions was not sufficient to soften the fat completely for the jiggly consistency.

Make sure you watch the Franklin’s carving video before you dig in. You REALLY don’t want to slice it incorrectly …

1 Like

5 Likes

So when are you going to break it open and let us know the greatness ? Looks nice .

1 Like

I’m still deciding how I want to break it down.

1 Like

It’s going to be fun .