Free Baseball Steak at Pacific Dining Car

They’ve extended the offer.

http://pacificdiningcar.com/freebaseballsteak.html?utm_source=Pacific+Dining+Car+Restaurant&utm_campaign=4d436b1684-free-baseball-steak-extended-offer_2017_08_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c44d902a9d-4d436b1684-301003493

No trick - just sign up, get back an email, make a reservation and go.

I made a reservation, as did my husband, and we went and dined together. We went for lunch. I really enjoy going there - no loud or bad music (was assaulted by the worst playlist last time we were at Lukshon), very good service and big booths. It’s also a great place for meetings. Private.

We each got our free steak rare. It comes with bone marrow, though sometimes the piece has little marrow. Mine had a nice slab of marrow that I slathered on my steak.

Ordered too many sides, but made for great leftovers.

always like their sweet potato fries (better than their regular, imo)

they have great creamed spinach (Musso & Frank has not so good)

lobster mac and cheese - wayyy overkill food-wise, but I love theirs reheated and topped with hot sauce!

Made for a colorful meal!

Tipped on the bill as if we had paid for the steaks.

Enjoy if you go!

7 Likes

Are the sides extra? There are no prices on the web menu.

Is the sky blue?

Looks tempting. wtf is a baseball steak?

Basically a really tough cut of beef. Bring your diamond cut dentures.

1 Like

Yeah, obviously, I just wonder how much “free” costs.

More than your father’s “free

The upper part of a top sirloin, aka filet of sirloin.

I’ve only ordered it once before, accidentally, when I got it mixed up with a cowboy steak. For dinner, I’l always go for their cowboy, a bone-in rib eye, but for lunch, with their bernaise sauce, this is a nice cut.

Does each person dining have to sign up separately and make separate reservations, or can one person sign up and get every person in their party a free steak?

Pretty much all steakhouses charge extra for any side. At lunch, here, I think the cowboy comes with fries, but other than that, it’s all extra.

Has to be separate. The waiter explained that he just got a list of who had signed up for a free steak, just one name per reservation. He said people could always sit together, but each needed a separate reservation.

I ordered the baseball steak many years ago when I didn’t know what it was. It was maybe the worst steak I’ve had from a steakhouse. Free is free, but I’m not going out of my way for it.

1 Like

FIFY

“Get yourself a baseball steak!”

-Evil Cop Denzel

1 Like

Filet mignon is the most boring cut of beef.

1 Like

iirc, the last time i was there a baked potato cost $15.
(that should give you an idea)

Right, what was I thinking. Because a baseball steak is the life of the party.

Sirloin has a lot of flavor, though since it’s tough it should really be sliced as in this recipe rather than served as a hunk:

http://altonbrown.com/election-night-steak-recipe/