Fried Chicken in SD

Not to mention, always dangerous to disagree with ipsedixit, as he eats in 3 different cities before I even wake up.

Ipse is just the joined account of a few people living in LA and SD

2 Likes

Dang! You mean it’s not one person?!?!???

And I was so impressed with him/her/it’s ability to eat so much and in so many places, seemingly at once!

2 Likes

Just speculation but based on the post (and claims to cook food at home in addition) it is hard to see how one person can eat to much (and it sounds like more than 3 meals per day)

You mean Ipse is TheBorg?

1 Like

Ipse has always split board time between LA and San Diego - I’m not sure what is new here. I assumed that he (or she?) lived up in LA but worked in San Diego. I also assumed that some of his experiences were an amalgamation of his friends, too.

He’ll neither confirm nor deny, but I’ve inferred that he works at a law office in LA but has a residence (in LI) here in SD as well. Could be true, could be false.

His/her recs in both LA and SD have always been very solid. Dedicated to ch and now ftc and very much appreciated by me.

1 Like

C

Lets not forget NYC. Ipse knows his buroughs too.

1 Like

I hear Coop’s opened up a new fried chicken and waffle joint, Da Chicken Coop, in La Mesa

Lemon Grove- close to the BBQ spot. Next door, almost.

No, I’ve not been yet.

As is Roscoe’s.

Yawn.

I’ve never had fried chicken with waffles. I’m interested in trying it. And, should I like it, I’d love to have the new Roscoe’s open in the same center as the Bay Park Keil’s.

There are quite a few places in SD that already offer Chicken N Waffles.

Queenstown, Crest Cafe, Salt & Cleaver, and of course Streetcar Merchant all come immediately to mind.

Salt & Cleaver. Really. I’ve been there many times and not noticed it. Is it only during certain times?

I’ve only had it during brunch, but I think it’s an all-week offering.

Roscoe’s is pretty good, but not the best I’ve had. Honestly Roscoe’s would be way way better if they had better waffles and used REAL maple syrup. The Fat Tire definitely helped.though ;^)

I’ll definitely try it. I guess I get the general idea of a sweet flavor with the chicken. Like a dipping sauce. Plus an offsetting texture (the waffle). Looks good in your picture. (And yes, I’m sure the Fat Tire Amber Ale helped!)

Roscoe’s is a bit like going to Richard Walker for pancakes.

1 Like

Never been to a Richard Walker. Are there any in SD?

I take it you don’t like their pancakes. Or probably anything else there. The menu sounds tasty enough, though.

P.S. When we used to get pozole at Don Marios, we brought along our own Mexican oregano. We can bring our own maple syrup to Roscoe’s, no problem.