Fried Chicken Rundown

Yum! :yum:

@Bigmouth You could be right. I get those two sandwiches confused.

Success! We ordered another tray. This time adding Cold Fried Chicken Sandwiches. They were as popular as the Spanish Godfather.

3 Likes

Yes!

Luv2Eat Thai Bistro - Sunset & Highland

Fried Chicken - Brined in oyster sauce, garlic, lemongrass, herbs, pepper. Served w/crispy fried shallots, sticky rice & a super spicy sweet chili sauce.

Everything melded together for great flavor. It was crispy & juicy. Chicken is a little overdone, making it hard to remove from the bone and mix w/rice & shallots, which I’m assuming is the point. But this chicken is good enough to scrap the other stuff and just pick it up and eat off the bone w/a dab of the chili sauce.

2 Likes

MB POST - Manhattan Beach

Courtesy of President_Mochi

Truffle Honey-laced Fried Chicken (with Kohlrabi Slaw)

Slaw Shot

4 Likes

Rascal - La Brea / Mid-City

Buttermilk boneless chicken, pancetta gravy

Salty, but otherwise a good boneless fried chicken. There’s only a skosh of gravy on the bottom, which is good, 'cause it’s very rich.

$6. Happy Hour 5-7p daily & all night Monday.

5 Likes

Top Round - Olympic / La Brea

BIG SALAD - Crispy Fried Chicken, Kale, Lettuce, Apples, Candied Pecans, Avocado & Blue or Provel Cheese w/ Raspberry Vinaigrette, Ranch, Blue Cheese or Honey Mustard dressing. $6.99

This salad is surprisingly delicious. Packed with goodies, very fresh and the chicken is very crispy.

Edit: Downhill Alert / No Longer Recommended

3 Likes

Bouchon - Beverly Hills

Ad Hoc Buttermilk Fried Chicken

They rotate sides. This came with Cornbread, Cheesy Grits & Collards.

They serve it once a week and that night is always packed.

2 Likes

are they still only doing this on mondays?

Abigaile - Hermosa Beach

Dirty Bird Benedict - Fried Chicken, poached egg, harissa hollandaise, sage biscuit, maple syrup, topped w/shoestring potatoes

It was delicious. The chicken breast was moist w/a nicely seasoned, crunchy fried coating. The biscuit was perfect to hold all the toppings. I just wish they weren’t timid with the harissa hollandaise. It needed more!

4 Likes

I’m not sure. I get emails (will get back to you on that). This picture was a while ago. Since I asked President_Mochi to include his fried chicken on my thread, figured I should stop procrastinating and update it myself too.

1 Like

Just checked. Yes.

1 Like

Hit the new Popcorn Chicken location on Sawtelle last night and was very pleased! Tender, juicy chicken chunks fried to order. I went with “hot” spice level, which could have been hotter but was nonetheless tasty. I even enjoyed the corn and green beans that came with my combo. They’re having a 20% off promotion right now but the meal is a deal even at full price. We’ll definitely be back!

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! It’s up in the PetSmart Shopping center for PARKING! :slight_smile: This might be a lunch option when I don’t want to go to Tempura House! :slight_smile:

–Dommy!

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for the heads up!

Have you tried parking there b/f? It can be a total nightmare (more in terms of near collisions than in terms of available parking stalls). :frowning:

1 Like

I have because I visit the PetSmart and Michaels often. Yes, it can be a bit tight, but I have a smaller car and drive slowly.

–Dommy!

Yeah, that mall parking lot is scary lol. With the parking situation around Sawtelle being as crappy as it is now, I usually just walk over there.

Status Kuo has been setting up a stand at the Sunday Mar Vista Farmer’s market. Pretty good fried chicken. Leg and thigh, coleslaw and wedge of watermelon for $10

7 Likes

Looks like some good fried chicken :yum:. What day is Mar Vista?