From Sardinia, With Love - The Soulful Dishes of La Ciccia [Thoughts + Pics]

Hi @TheCookie and @JeetKuneBao,

Do note that La Ciccia is a small, cozy restaurant. Their bar area is much smaller than say, the “bar area” of Bavel, Bestia, Republique, etc. So it’s only a few seats and might be on the cozier side. Just something to consider.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Meaning, by going early there’s still a chance we won’t get a seat? Or do you mean it’s cramped? :slight_smile:

Hi @TheCookie,

I’m not sure; we’ve never been there right when they opened, so I don’t know if there’s a line of people waiting just for the bar area, sorry. Good luck!

1 Like

If you try walking into La Ciccia when they open on a day just before they go on vacation, have a backup plan, maybe Uma Casa or Angkor Borei.

Looking at photos on Yelp, maybe they redesigned the bar. It looks more comfortable than I remembered.

1 Like

i don’t remember what time we got there, maybe 10-15 minutes before they opened, and there were two people ahead of us.

1 Like

We made a reservation for 5:30 one time and there was nobody else in the place for half an hour.

But that was a weeknight and they weren’t closing for vacation a few days later.

Instead of relying on Open Table I’m going to call and see what they can do. If we can’t snag a resy I can at least feel them out about the chances of getting a bar seat early on the 18th or 19th. I wish we could get there sooner, but we can’t leave L.A. any earlier than the 16th. Let’s not forget the stop off in the to be determined coastal town. :wink:

1 Like

I’m assuming these are close? If not, is there anything close enough to walk to if we get turned away?

I just checked them out. They both look delicious. :yum:

Uma Casa and Angkor Borei are both about five blocks from La Ciccia. No problem walking into either that early in the evening. There’s also Ardiana right across the street.

https://www.ardianasf.com/

Though now that I think about it Uma Casa’s walk-in seating is pretty uncomfortable.

2 Likes

If no go on La Ciccia and you want to book something just to be safe in advance, the following are available now for 2 for online booking 5/18:

Sorrel
Flour & Water (get the pasta tasting menu)
Soba Ichi (Oakland)
Californios (9 pm though if on the 18th but you better hurry up)
Salon at Quince
The Progress

If 5/18 I see 2 for La Ciccia 8:45 pm and after… keep checking OT anyway in case of cancellations.

2 Likes

That’s okay. Angkor Borei is definitely ringing my bell.

Oh good. We weren’t sure we could get in town soon enough, but I think we can swing it. Thanks, for this and the other research. We got Liholiho Yacht Club for Tuesday
at 9:45 PM. @PorkyBelly wasn’t lying about that also being a tough resy. Tuesday night at 9:45! We may try for one more resy, maybe Zuni Cafe. Other than that we’re going to be spontaneous and see where the wind takes us.

1 Like

Zuni’s open all day, on weekdays there’s no problem for walk-ins at lunch.

2 Likes

But of course Dragon Beaux for lunch @Chowseeker1999.

Sorry for the derailment. Feel free to split us back to Road Trip @ipsedixit. :relaxed:

1 Like

Yep, they have it. They must have released a couple of tables. When I put in days & times I kept getting “There’s no online availability within 2.5 hours of…”

2 Likes

Do it! I strongly advise you get to the area at least 40 mins before to look for parking if you do not Uber/Lyft over. Worse case just walk around to kill time.

1 Like

Okay, I did book it. But don’t throw things at me folks. We may not be able to swing it. The original plan was to hang out in the coastal area during the weekend and hit SF for a few weekdays (less busy, less pricey). I really want to go to La Ciccia, so I tried to push it up. But there’s a couple of events going on and the hotel prices shot up. Apologies for talkin’ $ but we’re not feeling spending a few hundred more on hotels to get a restaurant resy. Bad timing. :confused:

1 Like

So many other dining options out there, save LC for another time when you have more time. At least you scored a lot of valuable info from all of us that chimed in. (Worst case, stay at some AirBnB outside of SF if it lowers cost)

2 Likes

True. There’s so much good info. I’m compiling a list. :slight_smile: Also true we can stay outside the city in an AirBnB or VRBO. I haven’t cancelled any of our hotel or restaurant resy yet, and still have time to do some research and make a decision. It would be nice to at least have a kitchenette. I ain’t doin’ no cookin’! It would be strictly for leftovers and bakery stuff. Thanks!