FTC Bango: Summer 2020

Continuing the discussion from Republique:

@robert: How can I cut & paste the FTC Bango posts from the Republique thread to here?
(Edit: Thank you, @robert!)

4 Likes

Hadn’t read the Republique topic and just lost a few minutes trying to figure out what BANGO could be. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I need 11 more entries to fill out the rest of the FTC Bingo chart for Summer 2020:
(Recommendations for adjustments also welcome.)

I have already pre-place some of my markers.

9 Likes

Leo pistachio
Dialogue pot pie
Prd pork chop bun
Il romanista pizza
Langer’s pastrami
n/naka bento
Superfine pizza

8 Likes

Vespertine x The French Laundry
Bavel “Greatest Hits” Tock Dinner
Felix Sfincione/Pasta
All Day Baby sour cream cheesecake with strawberry-sumac-pepita

Real winner achieves complete blackout.

5 Likes

Almost there…

I haven’t seen too much chatter about ADB except for one enthusiastic member. :grin: :wink:

5 Likes

*FTC Bango contents do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of FTC.
**FTC Bango is non-trademarked fun excursion and should not be taken too seriously.

6 Likes

Ok. Done.

1 spot away in a couple of places, but I would have to go to Felix (not likely) or Epicurus (possible).

Now show us the blackout, @PorkyBelly.

Fixed

6 Likes

Fify

2 Likes

Make sure Prime Mod robert is ok with use of the brand name

5 Likes

Doing my best, but I have been cooking a lot, updated with a couple more:

4 Likes

I’m actually doing fairly well w/ this!

You’ll note that I’ve had very little (none, actually) FTC-approved sushi…

4 Likes

One Key Lime Pie from FWD away!

1 Like

Tried to write in Box BO, that the Battera was from Sushi Miyagi in Brentwood and was very good

4 Likes

Extra points if you can bang a bango in one day.

7 Likes

@paranoidgarliclover So close, but yet so far. Here is my updated Bango card:

I was able to add sushi from Shunji and Pork Chop bun.

8 Likes

Okay, so I’m nearly 2 seasons late, but…

BANGO, B*TCHES!!!

8 Likes

What did you think?!

Edit -that’s a phat piece of cheese

What did I think? You named it.

First, the bread is indeed excellent. Partner had the turkey pesto on ciabatta. Bread was too crusty for him, so he softened it by zapping it in the microwave. I only had it post-nuking, but I think I would’ve been fine w/ the original. Both had lovely chew, and there was the subtle wafting of sandwich smell (not quite just bread) after opening the box, which was great.

But… you know how the sandwiches in France (or at Proof? Or at La Española?) are circular? And have relatively little filling? I never quite “got” why until I had this sandwich. When the bread is THAT good, you don’t want the fillings getting in the way. IMHO, ham and cheese are never going to be as good as excellent bread and butter. So I think I only need enough ham and cheese for salt and fat.

While this sandwich was not stuffed by American standards, it was a touch unbalanced b/c of the filings. The other thing is that a normal sized sandwich (again, by US standards) squishes and flattens too much when you bite it (esp if the bread is crusty), which was the case here. What shape does your hand make when you relax it? The exact same shape as circular French sandwich…

Turkey was pretty generously filled, and the balance seemed fine there.

Lemon and ginger scone was good but not amazing. Could’ve used a bit of a stronger flavor of both. (Edit: just had more of the scone. Lemon and ginger intensity are just fine.)

Having said all that, I think the place is great and would love their other offerings thing (esp one of their loaves).

9 Likes

4ndhb7

we need a new autumn bango board @Starchtrade

6 Likes