Fukuno (Gardena)

Hi @attran99,

Yah it’s an izakaya. Here are some thoughts and pics from our visit (other FTC thread).

1 Like

@JeeKuneBao I went for dinner and thought their assorted sashimi was good - - they have a separate side Japanese small plates menu (written all in Engllish) to augment the regular selections - - maybe for seasonal selections. Something I really enjoyed and have not seen at other izakaya was a small rice bowl side dish with spanish makerel sashimi chopped into finely diced kaiware (baby radish), scallions, shiso and ginger served over hot white rice. The grilled fried tofu (not agedashi) was also tasty. I thought the yakitori selections were also quite good.

3 Likes

Did the @JeetKuneBao bang-bang this weekend. The place was mostly filled with regulars and I spied a bunch of off-menu items coming out of the kitchen like sanma no shioyaki, buta no kakuni and my white whale the fucking nodoguro no nitsuke. I was eye fucking that thing so hard it’s probably four months pregnant. Someday it shall be mine.

(special) aji no tataki - japanese horse mackerel, ginger, negi
Great quality aji

kohada sunomono
Vinegar-y and sweet, delicious.

yaki shiitake - grilled shiitake mushroom, ponzu sauce
Soft and smoky

hata kabutoni - grouper head
fish lips are underrated. This one had an eye in the back of its head.

battera, hakosushi

kanpyo maki

Nagomi Cake House

chestnut mont blanc

Also got @thechez5’s strawberry roll cake and it was delicious. Loved how soft and fresh everything was and it wasn’t too sweet so you didn’t get an instant cavity eating it.

15 Likes

:sweat:

2 Likes

Open for takeout

6 Likes

nice I’ll try them this week!