Fun restaurant to take sis in law to near Hollywood?

Thanks, Ns1. I also mentioned earlier in the thread that hubby and I just went to Animal last weekend, and I was looking to try something new. I guess some people missed that part. If we went there, we’d want to try some of the more unusual stuff again, which I know would gross SIL out.

Maybe some people like to take their guests to places that gross them out, but I like my sister in law and want her to be comfortable! :wink:

1 Like

idk, I have friends that eat at Animal regularly and they don’t like non-standard parts of Animals much. The cooking and general aesthetic seems to appeal to people regardless I guess?

Pork ribs, fried quail, smoked turkey leg, pork belly sliders, sirloin carpaccio, lamb dan dan noodles, char siu pork, chorizo and cheese… surely these are not extremely odd? Many of those dishes are fantastic, and worth eating even if you also love pigs ears and head, rabbit, sweetbreads, etc… I even think a non-adventurous eater would eat the famous poutine.

Maybe my perception of what is adventurous is so warped that all of this stuff is adventurous to most and I don’t know it?

Well that would be on you if you went shrugs There are plenty of dishes that are not extreme or overly adventurous on their menu, and the dishes taste extremely good.

It’s obvious you’re not going to go to the restaurant, the bigger problem is that you need hard alcohol for this dinner, and Animal, for some truly odd reason, does not have any.

I know. I was just there.:neutral_face:

But you missed my point. I said above that if we went there again, we would want to try the more adventurous stuff. Things my SIL would not eat. So instead of us ordering things that would make her squeamish, and/or us ordering “vanilla” things to make her happy (which wouldn’t make us very happy), it’s better for us to go elsewhere.

1 Like

Providence
Animal
Rosco’s Chicken and Waffles
Mozza
Musso & Frank
Sapp Coffee Shop
Jon & Vinny’s

1 Like

Dan Tana’s

1 Like

No, you missed my point, it would be YOUR choice to order those dishes, not the restaurant’s, as they provide a menu with enough dishes to have a meal composed of dishes that would not gross out your SIL. The fact that temptation would overwhelm you and you would order dishes that would gross her out would be your fault, not Animal’s if you went. That is what the line “Well that would be on you” was intended to mean before.

Nevermind.

I appreciate your input on the restaurant selection.

1 Like

AOC is very good. Sit on the patio if possible.

1 Like

I agree, it is not worth arguing over…apologies if I seem overly combative. I’m assuming more people than just the respondents read these threads, and just feel it is worth pointing out to those reading who may not be into eating brains, and guts, etc… that they could still have an interesting and delicious meal at Animal if they wanted to be part of it.

Anywho, I think you will have a good enough time at AOC. It was my neighborhood spot for a couple of years, and was also a great place to order food while in Cedar Sinai recovering from surgery. It is some of the most comforting food in LA. I hope to see a report on it, with a note or two about what an Australian thought about it. =)

1 Like

Sold!!!

1 Like