Fusion Burger Highland Park

Or the apple pan.

One of the first posts I read in the other fucked up site was scraping off the meringue on the coconut pie and having the waitress load it with fresh whipped cream.

It looks beyond aesthetically challenging.

But it sure tastes dope as fuck.

The pie n burger lunchroom cheeseburger is like an in n out cheeseburger if that cheeseburger actually tasted good.

I grew up in Pasadena, and I live here now. Of course I’ve tried Pie and Burger, both in the restaurant and from the truck. And agree that it is a classic. Maybe the classic. I also like In n Out. But Pie and Burger, while classic, can feel a little thin sometimes. Sometimes you want a burger with a bit more heft - not just mass-wise, but flavor-wise. (I think it’s the ratio of iceberg lettuce and usually mediocre tomato to meat and cheese (and Pie and Burger isn’t alone in mediocrity of tomato - it’s pretty widespread. The oven roasting bit does help get around that.)

I’ve only been to Apple Pan once and I was not a fan. But it’s possible that I ordered the hickory burger and it was just all wrong. Too much sweetness, again.

Have you tried Super Burger in Pasadena? Good old fashion burger. Not a fan of the fries, however.

Has anyone tried Snax on Artesia Blvd in fucking Redondo ???

thanks guys.

Don’t know about the one on Artesia, but there’s a SNAX, or used to be one, on Sepulveda/Anza.

Went once for breakfast and once for a burger at lunch.
Horrible, old, and rancid. I wouldn’t even get a coke to go there.

1 Like

It’s still there and I agree with your sentiments.

Sadly, McCormick and Schmick’s used to make a great burger, especially during happy hour.

Oh well, but then Casa Bianca used to be really good too.

I really liked Casa Bianca in the 80s/90s…but haven’t been in a very long time (since I moved from Mt. Washington). It was a good place for a sausage pie (cut in strange shapes) and some cheap red wine in a carafe. Sorry to hear the next generation family isn’t keeping the quality up.

I still liked it the last time I was there. Possibly over a year and a half ago. But then I do like me some shitty fucking pizza.

Never been to Casa Bianca. Been close countless times but something more interesting always came up.

there are lots more interesting places close to there now (especially with the hipstercation of the area)—I wish I still lived over that way to easily check out all of the new places (and overall I really liked living in that part of LA). when I lived there, you could get good tacos but that was pretty much it.

-----and no need to check out Casa Bianca unless you really want to.

I’m sucker for the burgers at Little Beast, as well as their risotto.

And don’t get me started on Eden. Duck fat poutine, we shall meet again. And again. Good burgers too.

What is this Eden you speak of? Yes, I clicked through and checked out the website but I’d like your take, oh wise one.

Their online menu is odd. No prices listed save for add ons, as in “add avocado, $1.50” but no mention of how much the actual dish you’d be adding to costs. A failure in terms of information design.

@ipsedixit you’re killing me! LOL :smile:

Yah what is this place you speak of? What else besides Duck Fat Poutine is there worth getting? TIA!

@Chowseeker1999 @Jemange

Eden claims its fame to its supposed super-secret burger blend.

While the burgers are ok, they tend to be overcooked (even when requested not to) and all of the stock burger combos on the menu are overdressed and oversauced, so you end up eating and tasting condiments instead of, well, beefy burgerness.

So if you choose to get a buger, ask for a basic house-blend burger, with a judicious selection of dressings/toppings (me? I just opt for onions, some frisee lettuce and mustard).

But, the raison d’être for being at Eden are the fries. They taste like they’ve crafted each single fry individually, they’re that good. And if you use them to make duck fat poutine, well, by golly, you better come equipped with elastic waste-band pants.

Yeah, I believe we were referring to Belcampo, at least I was.

Dude. DUDE. Eden is just down the street from me. And I am a sucker for fries. And poutine.

You may have just gotten me in a mess of trouble.

And I thank you : )

1 Like

Burgers run from 11-16.
Poutine is 10.

1 Like

I like it too, but not for the most authentic Neapolitan style perfect OO crust pizza. Mostly because fried eggplant on pizza is great.

1 Like

Yes, they even got suit for copying their recipes