GCM - Bombo's takeout. My bad experience yesterday

which is the point i like the most, actually.

I do. It’s reasonably decent food, at a good price, for when I don’t want to cook. I go to In n Out too. So there!!!

1 Like

i like in n out.

and for the record, the other isn’t bad per se, just not necessarily authentic. i just prefer to sample authentic ethnic cuisine when i have the opportunity.

No salmon in the salmon roll?..that really sucks. I’d be pissed about that and would bring it to their attention.

Spilled fish stew?..total bummer. I’d be on all 4’s with a loaf of bread sopping that shit up like it was my last meal…of course, cursing the whole time.

Shit happens. Now you know better and to check, should you return for another to-go order.

I would never accuse Panda Express of being “authentic”, although you’ll find the dishes they serve on menus at lots of ‘regular’ sit-down restaurants.

This is how you bag soup to go. If you charge $14 for soup stew and can’t bag that shit up, you suck.

7 Likes

What I do is . If carrying food to go, it is placed in a playmate ice chest or similar . Then placed in the trunk of the car . No interior spills or stink .I understand about the salmon .

Bombo needs an “FOB GCM” disclosure.

Not gonna front, I love me some candied meat. Can’t wait to try one of those orange chicken burritos at the new West LA location.

1 Like

Westwood (always up to no good)…

2 Likes

Wait, so they’re going to have one at the Ackerman and in Westwood? Makes sense, I guess…

Yep, though the one on Westwood is an Innovation Kitchen. Besides the standard offerings, they serve the aforementioned burritos and have a tea bar.

To update everyone – I got a refund. I had to reach out to them on their Facebook page and they gave me another email to contact them. They said they were training new staff and it all shouldn’t have happened and they apologized. So other than having to track them down for a response, the response was indeed positive and I appreciate them making it right for me.

9 Likes

Did you explain to them that it was your fault for taking it with you in a car and not checking that it was properly packed up first?

I’m also not convinced that in the chaos of the post-drive fall, the salmon didn’t just slip out of the sandwich, flop its way into a gutter and then make it back to the ocean to rejoin its family (just in time for the Labor Day BBQ).

9 Likes

Yes, it’s important to get the salmon’s side of the story.

6 Likes

Pictures or it didn’t happened.