Ggiata Delicatessen

They do look great. Didn’t catch where from?

If your speaking of my photos, Ggiata Delicatessen.

1 Like

Ggiata is moving from the ghost kitchen to brick & mortar storefront on Melrose at Western!

2 Likes

This is a photo from Jen Harris IG feed. My biggest pet peeve in sandwiches. This makes me so unreasonably mad. That bite I highlighted in red. I am so angry right now for no reason. Who would build a sandwich like this? Haha. Happy Thanksgiving.

11 Likes

If you eat the actual sandwich, you will be even more furious.

4 Likes

Serial killers and other assorted bad people

6 Likes

LOL if this place was in Brooklyn or South Philly you best believe the locals will call them out on that piece of corner with no meat!!! The Dominican papi’s at the bodegas could construct a better sandwich than that. I can’t wait to smash some Lioni’s in Bensonhurst!

1 Like

So I take that it’s all hype?

The actual flavor is good, but utterly ruined by the chewy bread and ice cold lettuce. The bread was so chewy that after each bite, all the ingredients just slide out. Nothing pisses me off worse than having to reconstruct my sandwich after every bite while worrying that I may lose a tooth in the process. And they add ice cold shredded lettuce which adds no real flavor and just falls out after each laborious bite. The lettuce is an easy fix, just ask for it without. My sandwich was constructed evenly but it doesn’t matter, half the ingredients will be outside the bread after each bite anyways.

2 Likes

I would think that’s the best bite. The sandwich is way to big anyway.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics is strong with that sandwich…

Jewish delis always shoved the meat into the center so when they cut the sandwich it was taller on the cut sides and looked more stuffed.

We Jews can make $1 of meat look like $16.

1 Like

The bread does seem thick. If they unfurled that ham slice to be evenly distributed at least the sandwich would more balanced. Seems like the bread to cold cuts ratio is just off. Not even including the ice cold lettuce comments. For these reasons I’m out.

1 Like

Can’t take the Queens out of you!

1 Like

They’ve opened up a brick and mortar at that eternally cursed location on the nw corner of windward and pacific right under the venice sign.

I noticed them a while back and figured I’d try it out today. Wish I’d checked this thread. All the components were decent quality but yeah, piss poor construction, especially for the price, and I had the additional pleasure of watching dude in the back feed himself while working.

At the counter they had a nice picture of this banana cream hand pie overflowing with tasty looking bavarian type cream. Got home and it was a pathetic soggy turnover with a thin brown layer of filling. Hand pie? Completely half-assed and of course, not cheap.

I mean it was tourist Venice in an eternally cursed location… so no one to blame but myself I guess.

2 Likes

I like the Italian sandwich (Godson) down the street at Ospi much better than the one at Ggiata. Ospi also does a spicy eggplant, zucchini, and coppa sandwich that’s very good.

4 Likes