Gift Ideas for Departing Friend

Ahhh… one more place to follow and also check-in more with places I do follow! I thought I saw a story after the fact on Republique’s IG?

1 Like

yes, i"m pretty sure of it, they had some pastries at the bake sale too. They were able to raise $14K to donate to the relief efforts in the Australian Bushfires.

4 Likes

Good people.

1 Like

What an all star line up!

How was the wait? Not too bad

if you got there at 11 am, the line was pretty long. i was hearing the wait was an hour and a half or longer. At 1 pm, the line was pretty short although a lot of items were gone such as Felix focaccia bread

1 Like

Looks like you still got a good haul. We wait that long for their neighbor Howlin’ Ray’s, so why not for a good cause?

1 Like

I went to Now Serving, and wow, what a gem! Got them Evan Funke’s cookbook, a pretty pamphlet with avocado recipes, a book on things to do in LA, and a bunch of different Sqirl jams. The store owners were super nice and wrapped everything beautifully. Highly recommend!

6 Likes

My sister got me some toffee at Little John’s today. Very sad scene. She said literally nobody in the market.

4 Likes

Good photo. I’ve been going to Marconda’s Meat, Huntington Meats & M. Marcel to shop lately and have to admit it’s very pleasant and so much better than fighting crowds at grocery stores, and the quality of the products are spoiling me. I’ll probably continue this habit even after the cloud of C19 is lifted.

Not sure why so many of the food shops have closed, because the one’s that are open seem to be doing slower but steady business. The managers of the market have taken advantage of the situation by repaving, cleaning & refurbishing.

Such a strange time.

2 Likes

Do you get them at the store or order them?

I’ve only bought at the store but I’m sure they can be ordered

Oh good, it’s last minute. I’ll go to the store. You’ll like this… my niece is going to BU for 6 months. I want to give her a classic L.A. gift.

2 Likes

oh wow that’s very cool… i lived right around BU and have been to plenty of their parties… also their satellite univ is in our building here on wilshire

1 Like

I thought you’d like that. :wink: